Second Skin Audio

fi q 15 questions

Jbiddle530

For sound quality, one of the things that you want is a flat frequency response throughout the range...

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

For sound quality, one of the things that you want is a flat frequency response throughout the range...

yeah i know thats why i am debating because i know i can get damn good flat response from that fi q in a sealed box but i just dont know if that is what i want i dont know if its gonna be enough bass for me

would that sealed fi q 15 on fosgate old school power 1501 bd 1500 rms be way louder than a fosgate p3 12 ported tuned to 33 hz at 2.5 cubes on fosgate power 651m 600 rms because thats all i want it to be louder than what i have and if i can do that with keeping a flat response curve and have good sq then i will start building a sq system for sure.. i just dont wanna go through all that trouble and not have it any louder than what i got right now.. thats why i havent started doing a sq system yet because i love the quality of sealed but i like it to get loud too

I have a 10" AA in a ported box tuned to 28 haze and it plays everywhere from 20 to 60 no problem with great sq.

You can do sq in a ported box just tune it low, take a look at cableguys sq build hes running ported boxes tuned to 22 hz I believe.

What is your cars max dimensions? I'd do something like 2.5 cubes tuned to 28-30 hz with 9sq.in. aero per cube, or 14sq.in. slot per cube, with something "SQish" in mind.

Like this, maybe. My guess is that you'll have to do port and subs up with a small cargo area:

fiq12.png

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

see theres another issure thers not exactly and exact demension to my box its an open cargo hatchback but i have strut towers and braces everywhere so the box is really complex kinda.. i want really good sq for sure im tired of just loud.. its nice but its gettin old... i am dead set on FI Q though i have heard one beffore and i love it.. i also wanna do a fiberglass flush enclosure too because i hate how big and bulky my current enclosure looks in my car.. to be honest it looks like crap to me i like a clean instal and mines far from that.. i have some pictures of my car and some of the current system pix.. as of right now its empty though i cleared every thing up starting from ground zero. i have decided that i do wanna keep my box between the seats and the strut towers for sure with the sub and possibly port angled up towards the rear hatch.. but i just dont really know what i wanna do ... does any one have winPro ISD if so could someone show me the difference between FI Q 12 ported tuned low and Fi Q 15 sealed.... on a graph that would help me make up my mind

heres a few pix of my car and the system i kinda had going... where the dips are in the second picture is where i wanna do fiberglass enclosure to get extra volume247834_264795630307663_755679521_n.jpg306088_287853148001911_1177049052_n.jpg601372_263942387059654_1329600009_n.jpg

I have a 10" AA in a ported box tuned to 28 haze and it plays everywhere from 20 to 60 no problem with great sq.

You can do sq in a ported box just tune it low, take a look at cableguys sq build hes running ported boxes tuned to 22 hz I believe.

i just went through and look at your entire build and that is absolutely amazing i love what you did

Archived