Any plumbers, electricians, or HVAC guys here? Need some advice.

What's up guys? I've been thinking a lot lately and I have really been wanting to get my apprenticeship in either plumbing, HVAC, or electrical. I am pretty good at repairing things when I set my mind to it, and I really think I would do well at any of these careers. I'm just tired of the way my career path is headed and I want to do something I enjoy. My question is, how tough is it to find work while you're in the apprenticeship program? And is it worth the money/time? I know the jobs pay well, but I'm hoping I don't spend thousands of dollars/ 4 years of my time getting an apprenticeship if it really doesn't help me much. Thanks for the advice!

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

I was about to get an apprenticeship as an electrician and get a journeyman's card. Bunch of bullshit trying to get in there.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

You can try getting into the apprentiship program of the respective union. Now would be the best time to do it since work is starting to pick up in all those feilds. I'm not sure how exactly those unions work but I know the operating engineers union will find work for their apprentices (as long as there are positions to fill)

that would be awesome if they could get me work. But are there any steps required before i start the apprenticeship?

Audio Build

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

466rwhp

Bike

I've thought about apprenticeship too but heard from a friend who's BF is in it has a tough time even getting hours or something along those lines.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Ya that's the problem. I work 8-5 every day so if I get in an apprenticeship program, I would have to be getting hours so I could quit my job. But I'm not sure how long it take to start getting paid after you join.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

Archived