Second battery, hookup OK?

To be honest, I am totally happy with my system. I won't ever need 1/0. What I am running now is only 750 watts, and it bangs in my mind. I will most likely go with a AGM Battery, my buddy was telling me about how is shop has Duracell AGM Batterys for something like $99. S I may just go with that.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

To be honest, I am totally happy with my system. I won't ever need 1/0. What I am running now is only 750 watts, and it bangs in my mind. I will most likely go with a AGM Battery, my buddy was telling me about how is shop has Duracell AGM Batterys for something like $99. S I may just go with that.

One or two of those will be great for your system and accessories.

I agree with c-fizzy about the 0 gauge though. It will only help you more.

One or two of those will be great for your system and accessories.

I agree with c-fizzy about the 0 gauge though. It will only help you more.

If I can afford 1/0 gauge when I do this I will, but for me I just do see me getting the use out of it with the amount of power I have.

Lights dim, so I want a battery in the back so that it does not draw from the battery in the front first, but the one in the rear. I also hate Caps, can't stand them, because all they really are, is a battery, with a quick charge, and discharge rate. I could buy a quality cap for $120, or a new AGM for $99. So the battery seemed to be a better choice.

Good. I'm glad you realize that MOST caps are useless.

But why not just upgrade your main battery. I'm sure you can fit a nice d3100 up front.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Good. I'm glad you realize that MOST caps are useless.

But why not just upgrade your main battery. I'm sure you can fit a nice d3100 up front.

What I have is a Interstate MTP-65. I bought it brand new in the spring. I weighed my options with AGM, and different brands, and my budget. I finally decided on the Mega Tron Plus, due to the power output, charge, and discharge rate. All the AGM batterys with the same ratings where double the price. So buying another battery, is not really doable for me. mainly because of the amount of money it would cost.

I would make sure to do the Big 3 in 1/0 and run 1/0 for your power and grounds. You will probably not need another battery after that if you're truly running 750w unclipped and your alternator isn't rated below 80 amps. For cheap AGMs I like the "Mega Crank" batteries which are rebranded Dekas (made by East Penn Mfg. great batteries). They make a 750 CCA starting battery and a "Mega Crank HD" group 31 that makes an awesome secondary.

I'm gonna hate

I would make sure to do the Big 3 in 1/0 and run 1/0 for your power and grounds. You will probably not need another battery after that if you're truly running 750w unclipped and your alternator isn't rated below 80 amps. For cheap AGMs I like the "Mega Crank" batteries which are rebranded Dekas (made by East Penn Mfg. great batteries). They make a 750 CCA starting battery and a "Mega Crank HD" group 31 that makes an awesome secondary.

I have a 130 alt, and 4 gauge charging system upgrade kit.

I have a 130 alt, and 4 gauge charging system upgrade kit.

What does that consist of? I went from a 4g alt to battery cable, engine block to frame cable, engine block to battery cable, and battery to frame cable to a 2/0 alt to battery cable, 2/0 alt casing to battery cable and 2/0 battery to frame cable and killed my dimming with a shitty autocraft battery and 100a stock alternator running 1000w RMS to my subs and ~240w to my mids/highs + accessories.

I'm gonna hate

Archived