Which gas credit card should I get for my first credit card?

So I am in the process of deciding which CC I should get as my first card so I can start building credit. Since I have a gas budget that I strictly follow every month already I figured it would be smart to get a gas credit card and make sure I pay it off every month right on time. I was looking at the BP cards...What suggestions do you guys have? And also if I pay the card off every month right on time I won't have to pay interest correct?

Get a real one. Capital one is very easy to get. I was told to stay away from department credit cards and stuff like that

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Department credit cards normally do not have very good interest rates. You want a good credit card, i would look locally to a credit union. How long a revolving account is open also builds credit so you want something you can have for a very long time. Just because you get gas doesn't mean you need a gas credit card.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Department credit cards normally do not have very good interest rates. You want a good credit card, i would look locally to a credit union. How long a revolving account is open also builds credit so you want something you can have for a very long time. Just because you get gas doesn't mean you need a gas credit card.

Ok well I only know about 50% of what I'm talkin about here haha so I should get a credit union account as well as keep my tcf accounts? I just figured I would get a gas credit card because it would be most practical for me to pay off.

• 2 weeks later...

You could have a credit union credit card and still keep all your bank accounts as is. I worked for a year as a merchant teller for Wells Fargo for a year and two years as a senior financial officer for a local credit union. Not bragging as I have no formal education, but I always tried helping people avoid from getting screwed

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I had the same idea and was denied for a gas CC.

I ended up getting a low-limit card from my credit union. Do that, build some credit, pay it COMPLETELY off each month, and within 6 months or so, you can probably apply for a larger limit to build more credit per month, yada yada yada.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

I had the same idea and was denied for a gas CC.

I ended up getting a low-limit card from my credit union. Do that, build some credit, pay it COMPLETELY off each month, and within 6 months or so, you can probably apply for a larger limit to build more credit per month, yada yada yada.

You could have a credit union credit card and still keep all your bank accounts as is. I worked for a year as a merchant teller for Wells Fargo for a year and two years as a senior financial officer for a local credit union. Not bragging as I have no formal education, but I always tried helping people avoid from getting screwed

Gotcha...I guess I just don't understand the difference between a credit union and a bank lol I have a savings and checkings account with TCF if I get a card through the credit union does that mean I have to open up any other accounts or anything with them?

if I were you I would just get one that approves you. I am currently trying to get one to build my credit, and it is impossible. I can't even get a store credit card. Not having a credit score sucks.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Archived