2 or 4 channel amp for front stage?

DynastyDesigns

if your running active you dont use the passive crossover that comes with a component set. instead you have to have a sound processor or cd player that has a built in crossover or an amp that you can set up the freq range for the speakers but im not sure of any amps with the ability to do that as well as what i would want.

And don´t forget you need a 6 channel amp. One of the better ones not the dirt cheap.

The reason to run active is, that you get the best soundquality, but not with a cheap amp, active has his price.

Think there is nothing real fine amp and comps, for together 700 and up.

why would you need a 6 channel amp?

im gonna do an active setup using a pioneer deh 80prs a t400.4 2 punch pro tweets 2 punch pro 6.5 a t1500.1bdcp and 2 t2d415.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300-2-BLACK-JL-AUDIO-AMP-2-CH-600W-MAX-SUB-SUBWOOFER-SPEAKER-AMPLIFIER-RARE-/120916599527?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item1c2730e2e7&vxp=mtr The JL amp is a 2 channel amp, that means run a passive component system, from best till highest quality 150 watt RMS on

a comp set is alot, or if you want you can place 2 comp set´s in the door´s or the rear. Door´s or rear incase you cant ajust the soundlevle´s with a 2 channel amp.

If you want to run active you need 2 of those amp´s for a comp-set of speakers. It´s not possible to run the channels diffrent to fire 4 speakers active.

You have only to channel´s you can put there the midbass or the Tweet´s but not together.

From the kind of questions you ask, i guess you to stay away from active. It´s not easy to set a active crossover, if you do, have a look and maby you find someone

with a CC-1 (absolute most have a DD 1 as well if they have a CC-1) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/137758-smd-audio-tools-map/ who can

help you to set your X-over correct. And here a link for a nice-priced 2. 2-channel (think best for tweet´s) http://www.ebay.com./itm/261120445289?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649.

And dont forget to create a build-log with a lot of pics.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

if your running active you dont use the passive crossover that comes with a component set. instead you have to have a sound processor or cd player that has a built in crossover or an amp that you can set up the freq range for the speakers but im not sure of any amps with the ability to do that as well as what i would want.

And don´t forget you need a 6 channel amp. One of the better ones not the dirt cheap.

The reason to run active is, that you get the best soundquality, but not with a cheap amp, active has his price.

im gonna do an active setup using a pioneer deh 80prs a t400.4 2 punch pro tweets 2 punch pro 6.5 a t1500.1bdcp and 2 t2d415.

3-way compset 6 channel´s, 2-way compset 4 channel´s.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

3-way compset 6 channel´s, 2-way compset 4 channel´s.

ok i see what you where saying there. just confused me as im learning the whole active thing as i go. lmao, most likely not the best way to learn for running active but im sure ill get it figured out with out going through mids and highs.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

If you start out with a passive 2 way component set on a 2 channel amp (like I suggested on post #5), you can always test and tune and then upgrade ...

Just like buying a starter train set as a kid ... you either leave it like it is and enjoy it, or you add to it to make it better with experience, or you hit the books and upgrade to better, more experienced setups ...

For the most part, depends on testing, tuning, installation preference and skills, and exactly how far you want to go with the setup (budget) ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived