2 or 4 channel amp for front stage?

DynastyDesigns

Vehicle is a 2004 nissan sentra se-r spec v.

Stock tweeter locations are bottoms of a-pillars facing the windshield.

Front doors are 6.5" drivers with the speakers' locations closest to the kick panel.

If pics are requested I can take them.

My question is... Do I need to run a 2 channel or 4 channel amp to the component set I plan on buying. Don't worry about the brand(s) of the speakers/amplifier as I have not yet decided. If I run a 2 channel I will have the mid-bass drivers on a channel @ 2 ohms, and the tweeters on the other channel @ 2 ohms. (4 ohm SVC speakers) However if I ran a 4 channel amp, it would be wired to one speaker a channel @ 4 ohm loads. Would kind of difference would I expect to see?

Depends on the amount of power you want to run and the ohm load needed to run them with.

If your planning on running a 4 ohm load and would like more power than a 2 channel can offer than a 4 channel bridged may be the better option to go with.

If your planning on running active than the 4 channel will be a better option than 2 2 channels.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

If you have a 2 channel you have to run one tweeter and one woofer per channel or you wont be in stereo...

^^^^This. You can run a compsystem passiv (2 channel mode) or active (4 chanel mode [if you have a 3 way comp set 6 channel mode]).

Here link´s for 2 quality product´s http://www.ebay.com/itm/261120445289?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153608-rockford-component-speakers/.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

My suggestion would be to run a 2 way passive component set on a 2 channel amp ... (tweeter and mid driver on a passive crossover per channel)

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

if your running active 4 channel if not a 2 channel could work but most likely wont leave much room for upgrades.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Interesting... It's just that a friend offered me a mint condition JL 300/2 v2 for dirt cheap and it's kind of hard to pass up. However everyone recommends going 3 way active. What exactly does this mean? A 4 channel amp with an electronic active crossover I'm assuming? Also the headunit is some old Pioneer with HPF, LPF, and a 5-7 band graphic equalizer. I didn't like the equalizer on the hu so I bought a clarion eqs-746 half din 7 band eq. Would it be best to sell these two products and step up to a more high end single din like the Kenwood excelon kdc-x996 or the Alpine cda-117, OR stick with what I have and purchase a electronic active crossover?

Thank you guys for the input! I'm sorry I have so many questions I come from the SPL world LOL!

if your running active you dont use the passive crossover that comes with a component set. instead you have to have a sound processor or cd player that has a built in crossover or an amp that you can set up the freq range for the speakers but im not sure of any amps with the ability to do that as well as what i would want.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

if your running active you dont use the passive crossover that comes with a component set. instead you have to have a sound processor or cd player that has a built in crossover or an amp that you can set up the freq range for the speakers but im not sure of any amps with the ability to do that as well as what i would want.

And don´t forget you need a 6 channel amp. One of the better ones not the dirt cheap.

The reason to run active is, that you get the best soundquality, but not with a cheap amp, active has his price.

Think there is nothing real fine amp and comps, for together 700 and up.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Archived