Sonic Electronix

Anyone Who Has Sound Deadened A Ram Quad Cab?

I did my sound deadening across the back wall of the cab today which has been buzzing like a mother. When I took out the seats and got a look at the wall I found two large plastic vents with flapping louvres(sp) on them. I went ahead and worked around them because I didn't know what would happen if I just took them out and covered the holes. So anyway, the rattles are gone but the buzzing is still there and obviously coming from those vents. Does anybody know if there is any reason not to take them out?

Can you post up a pic of them. I've owned serveral Ram Quad Cabs (ranging from 99 to 2006) and have never had any vents across the back wall. All of my trucks have had about 2-3 inches of insulation on the inside wall, then a bracket on the back side of the wall connecting to the bed (to prevent rubbing).

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

yea i just took mine out and put a sheet of deadner over it. The only "negative" thing i noticed is i get less air flow on the "vent" setting on the hvac controls.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

those are cab vents... all they do is let air pressure out when you close your door! if you take them out, your ears may get plugged up, but only when you slam the door...

Edited by BURRITO

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

interesting...did you pay extra for those things??? lol

Non of my truck have ever had those. I just went and check my seats and sure enough..I have about 3 inches of insulation back there...no vents.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

wow you didnt know what they were...LAWL. i saw them on my truck and was like aww toot i hope i dont lose sound pressure

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

those are cab vents... all they do is let air pressure out when you close your door! if you take them out, your ears may get plugged up, but only when you slam the door...

HAHA take em out before you put some subs in there most def!