Second Skin Audio

tc sounds????

Jbiddle530

so im starting to build my sq system finally and i just cant decide what i want to do for sure... i did do alot of research on tc SOUNDS though and im really liking the LMS-r 12.... so i use winPro and i entered all the sub parameters and with a little tuning @ 3 cubic feet tuned to 25 hz the sub would play flat to 24 hz with 3db roll off at 21.2 hz this really impressed me however would it be okay to run a 12 in that large of an eenclosure

Just watch out and listen for overexcursion. My buddy has a big box tuned low (2.6 cuft @ 26hz) and it plays stellar on the low notes with plenty of cone control, but it tends to lose cone control at higher frequencies, so he has to turn down the volume a tinge

yeah i know but using winpro doesnt that at least give you an idea of how it will play in large enclosures... i mean in general i love the response i see from large enclosures tuned extremely low... i think 3 cubes to 25 hz would make an extremely good sq base for my system.. just wanted to make sure if i under power the sub a little say 800 instead of 1200 i wouldnt damage the sub because its really expensive and i dont wanna blow up a sub for over powering it in a large enclosure.. but all in all would it be okay only running a single 4 inch aero port for a 12 with 25mm xmax in a massive enclosure like that

You'll want two at least two 4" or 1 6" aeroport for that sub, it has a nice amount of throw. Just to put it into perspective I had a 4" port for my 10" Epic and at max throw there was still a little bit of port turbulence, not noticeable at the drivers seat but if I was next to the sub I'd hear it.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Archived