Jump to content

Getting Screwed By My Local Audio Shop......


Recommended Posts

Posted

At our shop normally we will do or order whatever the customer wants. The only time we recommend a different product if we think it won't perform well in the application. Or if the sub they want can't be had for what they want to pay. We give them another affordable option. Sorry you had a bad experience with another shop.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

Posted

I'm sorry O.P., but for the amount of time i have been on this forum, I have never seen one of these threads be anything more than a pissing match of people complaining about "install shops". About 75% of the thread ends up being people coming in and saying these words; "My local shop is always trying to sale kicker and JL, thats all they know about. They tell me that kicker is way better than bla bla bla bla"

Like i said, it sucks you got burned, i just don't see any productive discussion coming from your post.

If anything this wasn't meant to be a pissing match but to let people to know to be careful and not to get screwed like I did

Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400

XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter

Mechman 240a alt

Posted

You make no sense. You said you don't know anything about voicecoil configurations, but youre telling me you knew you ordered what voicecoil subs? Your complaint was not that you got the wrong equipment, but that you werent getting the full power from the amp. And if you wanted something loud, then two cheap ass 12"s and 750 watts isnt it. Youre blaming the shop and i dont see what they did wrong.

I don't see how it doesn't make sense. I was told I would be getting 800+ watts from the amp when I was only getting 500 from it. I should be able to walk in there and know nothing and be able to listen to them and take their word for it, but once again I said "I was not expecting ridiculous results out of them". And also once again quit hovering over that when I said the main reason I was mad was because they had no record of it what so ever.

Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400

XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter

Mechman 240a alt

Posted

Lol, don't hover over your nonsense? Ok. You wanted 800 watts. You were happy with 500. They lost your record, even if the guy pocketed your cash, still the shops fault...so...don't go to shops? Good reading, I hope you learn enough to become an educated consumer. I still have yet to see how you were screwed over. Whatever, apparently you and your DMM know best.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

I still have yet to see how you were screwed over

By not having the correct subs or a warranty. Still confused?

Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400

XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter

Mechman 240a alt

Posted

I'm sorry O.P., but for the amount of time i have been on this forum, I have never seen one of these threads be anything more than a pissing match of people complaining about "install shops". About 75% of the thread ends up being people coming in and saying these words; "My local shop is always trying to sale kicker and JL, thats all they know about. They tell me that kicker is way better than bla bla bla bla"

Like i said, it sucks you got burned, i just don't see any productive discussion coming from your post.

sorry, but i thought the point of forums were for discussion?

so what does it matter is the thread isnt doing anything "productive" if it gives a subject for people to discuss, even if it may be thoughts people may find relevant to the topic?

Posted

Obviously he wanted subs that would run 1ohm to get the max out of the amp but he got dual 2ohm subs. This thread reminds me of caco back in the day people posting just to talk sh*t without really reading the op.

Posted

No, this reminds me of people who read and talk but have no comprehension whatsoever. I read the OP, he doesn't even know about voicecoil configurations so how did he get the wrong equipment? Maybe they sold him a 750 amp and he thought he was getting 750 watts but that is not the case. He is a completely uneducated consumer who is blaming the shop because he didn't get an extra 250 watts. NOT taking into consideration rise or any daily factors that make 800 watts of continuous power a thing of myth and fairy tale. He wishes to warn people to the dangers of going to a local shop, I am trying to point out there is responsibility on both sides, and there really wasn't anything done here that screwed him over.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

I'm sorry O.P., but for the amount of time i have been on this forum, I have never seen one of these threads be anything more than a pissing match of people complaining about "install shops". About 75% of the thread ends up being people coming in and saying these words; "My local shop is always trying to sale kicker and JL, thats all they know about. They tell me that kicker is way better than bla bla bla bla"

Like i said, it sucks you got burned, i just don't see any productive discussion coming from your post.

sorry, but i thought the point of forums were for discussion?

so what does it matter is the thread isnt doing anything "productive" if it gives a subject for people to discuss, even if it may be thoughts people may find relevant to the topic?

That is where you are wrong. It's suppose to be productive. Otherwise threads that are not productive, like this one, where the o.p. is just arguing with everyone about who's fault this was, would be rampant.(/run on sentence). This type of thing could have just went into the "things that piss you off in the car audio world" thread. There are like 100 of these exact same posts in that thread. I don't have a problem with anyone expressing their feelings, I just thought the method was flawed.

*edit grammar

Posted

You screwed yourself by purchasing Kickers in the first place.

Pioneer AVH-P9400BH head unit

Galaxy Tab as library for Bumps

1Tb hard drive for more music (only about 200Gb)

Rockford T400.4 for mids and highs

2 Crossfire 1700d strapped for subs

2 Sundown Zv3 15 inch subs

Power T1652s components in front and rear doors.

Punch tweets in the A pillars

Big 3 upgrade in 1/0

Future Plans

Kick pods for some more T1652S components

Maybe some SA8v2's in a custom console once i get around to building it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 427 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...