Another Bitchslapping Gaming PC Build - SMD Style. (VIDEO PAGE 13)

Borderlands 2 lags a bit on my machine, I'm still running an older 1366 i7 though. Hell if I had 6k to throw into a machine I'd do the same. Also I'm not sure if Windows 8 automaticly enables TRIM, I know most of the drivers do, but to keep those samsungs running at top speed its a good thing to check. Unless you're doing 2 of them in RAID 0, which I know on Windows 7 TRIM isnt supported on SSD raid arrays, not sure about 8.

I think you'll like 8, it has some sweet multi monitor features. If you really want to go all out, there are a few companies starting to make 27 inch multitouch screens for use with Windows 8

Windows 8 does do TRIM by default, not sure about it on RAIDed drives. 1366 is still ridiculously fast, doubt that's the source of your lag unless you're running stock-clocks on a 920. Try disabling hyperthreading too, I usually pick up a few FPS with that off.

I'm gonna hate

That whole "you shoulda done this" thing is why I rescinded my statement about windows 8. Right after I clicked post I realized that what I meant, and what the o.p. read, may be two different things.

That is the problem with the internet, If you just type stuff out like a normal conversation, it can be interpreted a whole different way. Inflection and tone of voice are hard to convey in a casual writing style. So really the problem isn't the internet. It's just guys like me who don't always convey their thoughts in a clear and precise manner.

But I digest, can't wait to see some benchmarks, and maybe some custom fab work on the case?

That whole "you shoulda done this" thing is why I rescinded my statement about windows 8. Right after I clicked post I realized that what I meant, and what the o.p. read, may be two different things.

That is the problem with the internet, If you just type stuff out like a normal conversation, it can be interpreted a whole different way. Inflection and tone of voice are hard to convey in a casual writing style. So really the problem isn't the internet. It's just guys like me who don't always convey their thoughts in a clear and precise manner.

But I digest, can't wait to see some benchmarks, and maybe some custom fab work on the case?

i want to do a LOT of things that would be badass.......but he wants it too fast. As soon as i get the case and the cards i am gonna start the build and have it at his house by this week, maybe the weekend. I wanna watercool the GPU's and all of that for him but it will take too much time to get the parts i need. I will watercool the CPU though since that is easy and can be done without any delay.

thanks man! you KNOW i will post benchmarks and video clips of what it looks like to game with a machine like this. My personal one is a year old (IIRC) and its still AMAZING so this one should be real good :D

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

You didn't put it like that at first, and my feelings are uninjured. Keep up the great work man.

Also, i got this....i don't need 20 people telling me what to get, or what i should get. I know what i am doing, even if you do too. Thanks!

i thought i was being nice. I didn't say "you don't know what you are talking about, leave me alone". I am saying, "even if you are good, i still got this!"

I build a gaming PC about once a year and as most know, if you don't stay on top of things, technology will pass you by. Hence the reason i didn't know i couldn't do 3 of THESE cards in SLI. I have more experience with SLI configured machines then 95% of the people here but i still get rusty. If i need the advice, i will ask for it though.

oh, and im not mad at you, i just can't believe when i am being nice, someone still finds a way to call me arrogant. Its all good bro :D

Ehhhh, I kinda have a problem with this.

You've been able to quad sli since the 9800 gtx, (that's when I got into BUILDING computers, could go further back, but I don't care) which was at least in 2007.

There's only like 5-6 people on this site that actually know computer hardware, maxim, and beaker to name a few.

The problem I have is that you said you don't need help, you know what your doing, and try and jam 6 gpus into a computer.

That's like trying to fit a 8" sub into a 18" hole. Not even close. Sure you can screw it down, but it's potential will be greatly impacted (PhysX configuration)

I usually don't comment or post on anything computer related because it's frustrating to help people that refuse help, or "know what they're doing".

Im not trying to argue, I'm just voicing my opinion. I'm slightly frustrated.

Quad Msi twin frozr III 680s woulda worked better IMO as well. Put those stock 690s in the dirt easily.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

As far as communicating online goes I think strangeduck is 100% right. Luckily Steve, you, and I are all able to be adults and understand that so we can understand each other without being reactionary. It may take a couple more posts to explain ourselves and clarify, but respect to everyone who bothers making those posts and those who take them for what they are so we can all talk.

You didn't put it like that at first, and my feelings are uninjured. Keep up the great work man.

Also, i got this....i don't need 20 people telling me what to get, or what i should get. I know what i am doing, even if you do too. Thanks!

i thought i was being nice. I didn't say "you don't know what you are talking about, leave me alone". I am saying, "even if you are good, i still got this!"

I build a gaming PC about once a year and as most know, if you don't stay on top of things, technology will pass you by. Hence the reason i didn't know i couldn't do 3 of THESE cards in SLI. I have more experience with SLI configured machines then 95% of the people here but i still get rusty. If i need the advice, i will ask for it though.

oh, and im not mad at you, i just can't believe when i am being nice, someone still finds a way to call me arrogant. Its all good bro :D

You've been able to quad sli since the 9800 gtx, (that's when I got into BUILDING computers, could go further back, but I don't care) which was at least in 2007.

There's only like 5-6 people on this site that actually know computer hardware, maxim, and beaker to name a few.

The problem I have is that you said you don't need help, you know what your doing, and try and jam 6 gpus into a computer.

That's like trying to fit a 8" sub into a 18" hole. Not even close. Sure you can screw it down, but it's potential will be greatly impacted (PhysX configuration)

I usually don't comment or post on anything computer related because it's frustrating to help people that refuse help, or "know what they're doing".

Quad Msi twin frozr III 680s woulda worked better IMO as well. Put those stock 690s in the dirt easily.

Umm...

I'm gonna hate

He did thank the person that helped him figure it out, I'm sure he would have on his own anyway. Thats kinda what we do here, figure shit out :)

any time you guys ask me why i dont have a build log id like to refer to this thread. holy shit.

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.