This was one of the wierder boxes I have done and my first time ever glassing so I thought I would share some pics. A friend of mine has a motorcyle that he takes to shows and he wanted to make his sounds as loud as possible. I haven't seen the ride in person but I have seen some pics and it's pretty bad ass looking. He said he has six other speakers up front but he wanted more. He wanted me to install two 7x10" speakers per bag. After looking at it I decided two just werent gonna fit so I talked hime into one per bag. I couldnt find any T/S info on the speakers so I decided to go with a sealed enclosure since I wasn't sure I would have any room (or specs) to do a port. The way he wanted the speakers installed was to have them facing into the rear wheel well. I'm not sure how this is going to sound when he gets them installed but it's how he wanted it so I got started...

Side view of one of the bags...

0.jpg

Created a cutout of MDF and wrapped it in mesh. I knew I wouldn't be able to mount the speakers from the front of the baffle so I use some t-nuts so I could mount the speaker from the backside of the baffle with machine screws.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Applied some glass...

3.jpg

4.jpg

Found out why people like useing felt instead of glass mesh (glass mesh is a pain in the ass!). Also installed a brace just to help keep the outer wall of the bag from flexing.

5.jpg

Applied more glass and did a test fit...

6.jpg

7.jpg

Made a trim piece so speaker can be removed at a later time (allows for speaker replacement because of damage etc...)

8.jpg

Wrapped felt over the top and removed excess.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Glassed some more...

11.jpg

Bondo time (never done bondo before either so don't laugh)...

12.jpg

View of the bags before they get sent out for paint. I know it's kind of a strange setup but this is how he wanted them set up.13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Did a quick test to see how they sound before he has them painted (note: the speaker wire location is temporary. We will be relocating it after it is mounted to the bike.) I have to say they actually didn't sound half bad. It doesn't have much in the low end but to be honest I didn't think they would. The bass however is extreemly solid and has a good kick to it and is not boomy sounding like I expexted them to be. I will give an update and hopefully some more photos after they are painted and mounted to the bike (curious if it is going to sound like crap once mounted on the bike firing towards eachother).

16.jpg

please dont blare them on the highway.. :(

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Cool

@STEvil why not? It's bass what make people complaint not mids and highs

I like seeing them hearing them unless is at night

Radios on quads and motorcycles getting blared makes people complain more i've found.. even I complain about that, hint hint.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Cool

@STEvil why not? It's bass what make people complaint not mids and highs

I like seeing them hearing them unless is at night

Radios on quads and motorcycles getting blared makes people complain more i've found.. even I complain about that, hint hint.

@ STEvil - Just wanted to clarify, it's not my bike, it belongs to a friend. He said that the bike is way louder than the stereo so he wouldn't be useing them when he is riding. It's just for useing at shows.

@ Noelito & Smoove - Thanks!

Archived