Setting rpms for Demos/Competition?

demoing....foot on the gas

competing....pop the hood an place an allen wrench under the throttle wire (idk what it's called technically) and it holds it up at 2k

seen this done before, throttle wire is easier though it seems and if its only 50 bucks then....why not

but that way can be free...easy as popping the hood. The pressure of the wire wanting to come back holds it in place just fine

Yeah that'll probably be the best for me, since I'm not really looking to compete much. Just to be sure though, does it matter if I set the wrench on there while the car is running? Or should I do that beforehand?

doesn't have to be a wrench...that's just what I found that is the perfect width to hold it at 2k

people use little pieces of wood, you can start big and sand it down until it's the right size

Team Flex Issues

paper or i personally like using coins.. glued a coil to the end of a little stick..just play with different coins till you find the sweet spot

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Adjusting the idle is a good way that was mentioned already. What wasn't mentioned yet is how to adjust the idle on this particular engine. If you are running a 99 Blazer you are most likey running a 4.3 v6 with CSEFI injection. The idle adjustment is concealed. If you look closely at the throttle you can see the part that comes in contact with the throttle body. You have to follow that through to the part of the throttle body that faces the fron of the engine. There is a small recessed hole that you have to drill out. On the other side of the hole is an allen or torx type head that will allow the idle to be adjusted.

This would be the cheapest way but would require some basic under the hood gutz to jump in there and figure it out.

Then again, so does the throttle cable, which cost more but provides a better overall solution.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

I use throttle cable to do park an pound in meca.. It works for 3secs then engine loads down

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I use throttle cable to do park an pound in meca.. It works for 3secs then engine loads down

I find it easier to use my foot for that reason, ill start at 2000rpm and drop down to 1200ish and ill have to rev it back up Damn alts!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived