Second Skin Audio

Fixmyspeaker.com discussion

wellington

I never heard about them until i posted an ad on cl with my blown sub and asked if anyone knew how to fix it (in the ad)

Got am email about fixmyspeaker and the guy said the owner is real cool and to just talk to him about sending the parts and doing it myself (otherwise its $100 + shipping which aint gonna be cheap)

First of all, they take a LONG time to get back to me (a week or more), pretend to "not have gotten my email" and ignore my requests on what exactly they would do to fix it and what options i have (such as dust caps, etc)

To top it all off, they finally reply and say it will be $100 to ship the parts to me so i could do it myself.

Now im pretty damn sure that they arent doing the job for free and the parts dont cost $100, but i could be wrong

My concern is the cost vs putting that $100 into a better sub. It really comes down to whether they want to make a little profit, or none at all.

So far i dont think i will be going with this company, ever, due to terrible tech support.

The guy who emailed me DID tell me to go through the caco > fix my speaker forum but i figured i would see how it went going through what other people would typically do.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

i was gonna order my replacment dust caps from them but they didn't have my size. :P what exactly are you doing to your sub to repair it?

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

What sub? if its 2.5" or 3" VC...go on caraudio.com and talk to SPLaudio. He has a thread with all the crazy 8's and other cool subs he has built for people. He gave me agood price on a VVX recone and basket(skar wont sell baskets)... He sent basket and full drop in recone for the vvx motor. Just my personal experience and trying to help you out..maybe save some money and increase power handling on whatever sub you are building.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

What were you trying to get at? Were you asking a question?

Just sharing my experience (first and last probably) with the site/company and looking for discussion on them like the title says.

I assumed they would be more open to explaining things but it sounds like they just want me to spend money without thinking.

What sub? if its 2.5" or 3" VC...go on caraudio.com and talk to SPLaudio. He has a thread with all the crazy 8's and other cool subs he has built for people. He gave me agood price on a VVX recone and basket(skar wont sell baskets)... He sent basket and full drop in recone for the vvx motor. Just my personal experience and trying to help you out..maybe save some money and increase power handling on whatever sub you are building.

The sub i have is a memphis m3 15" and the coil is fried.

I was just planning on getting this 18" dd with box for $300 from a guy on cl since that $100 would be better used towards that after dealing with these guys.

i was gonna order my replacment dust caps from them but they didn't have my size. :P what exactly are you doing to your sub to repair it?

I guess replace the cartridge? Its a memphis m3 15" with a fried coil.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Replace the cartridge? If the coil is fried the sub needs to be reconed. Trust me it is not an easy task, not hard at all nor does it take a rocket scientist to do but it does take some skill to get it done right. I have done a few recones and rebuilds and would honestly prefer to pay sometimes because it can be such a PITA. If they were charging you $100 shipped for a drop in recone then that is not a bad price at all considering what you will pay for a recone from most companies.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

He charges the same price for drop ins as he does for him to do the recone. Mine were around $480 shipped for the pair but I have almost every option he offers lol.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived