XS Power

Is the D2400 Right for Me?

Hey guys sorry to start a thread like this, but Im getting ready to order my new XS battery and am lacking help on getting the right one. My truck is a 2006 nissan frontier with a group 24f battery. The XS power website does not show a direct fit, but suggests the d975, the d5100, and the d5100r. I have a truck with a lot of offroad accessories and lights and such, as well as my system will be at 1,400 watts total. The d975 looks too small for my truck and the demands I will have, but it does have the terminals on the correct side. The D5100R has the terminals on the correct side as well but it looks odd shaped by being too tall and skinny compared to my stock battery.

My stock battery is a group 24F with dimensions of about 10" long, 8" height, and 7" width. This is right about the same dimensions as the D2400. The only difference is the D2400 has the terminals on opposite sides. So my question is, should the d2400 still fit in there and work. There is nothing internally different between group 24 and group 24F right??? It just looks like reverse terminals. So couldnt I install the d2400 with the terminals on the same side of the truck but to the forward of the engine bay instead of to the back. Then since Im going to be doing the big 3 it wont matter because Ill be replacing the stock ground so I can jump it across the battery, and then just make a 1/0 extension to jump to my stock positive fuse block thing. Is that what I should do?

Here is a generic pic of a frontier engine bay so you can see the stock arrangement I have. You can see it in the left of the pic and how the negative is closest to the engine with the big plastic fuse box deal/ positive connection furthest from the engine.

nissantruck_frontiercrewcab_le4x4_2008_other_engine_640x480.jpg

I would use the the d5100r as the posts are in the correct locations. Regardless it's odd shape it has plenty of power. I run the 5100 under the hood of mt xterra and its a great fit. If you don't mind doing modifications the wire harness then get the 2400 if the measurements fit. But the 5100r is the only battery with reverse terminal placement

Oh ok well If that fit well in your xterra then maybe I will just go with that. A little cheaper too. And you're right it has plenty of power for what I need. Im planning on doing the big three as well so I might have to move the stock connection off to the side or get an I-Bar adapter so i can still clamp on the stock connection and have another post to clamp my other connections to. Did you upgrade the grounds in your xterra? What did you do about the voltage regulator on the ground lead of the battery? Also, is there anywhere I can find pics of the D5100R installed under your hood? thanks for the help

EDIT: Just saw your build. Realized that you have a first gen xterra which is different than the second gen xterras and frontiers? You think the D5100R will still work for me?

Edited by 5Speed_Frontier

take out the measuring tape and measure the stock location for the battery and compare that to the 5100. if it will fit then i would use that for the ease of application. if you only need another inch in height depth or width take out the battery box and see if there is a way to adapt it to fit the d5100. maybe simply cutting 1 side off the battery box or moving some wires over could get it to fit.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Thanks guys. My truck can easily fit the 2400 or the 5100 easily. I'm just going to go with the 5100r for my truck since the terminals are on the correct side. It might look a little funny though since it is much skinnier then my stock battery but it should have lots more power capacity still. Going to do the big three at the same time cause ill be running my new SA 12 on 1 ohm. Going to use the dual top post I-bar as well which I confirmed with XS Power that it does fit on the 5100 since its only on the top. Only the side post I-bars don't fit and that's not what I need.

Edited by 5Speed_Frontier