Sundown Audio

Is This Right For Two Amps - Two Subs?

w87will

I have my Two Dc lvl 4's and each has its own Bxi1606D powering them. These amps dont have master/slave, So would I just hook the amps up like normal to the subs and then just have my Rca connecting the two amps?

Btw: the subs are sharing the air space in One box...

Is there anything special about wiring the subs up for this?

id set your amps with a scope for the most precise tuning.

Or buy a maxlink to strap your amps together.

Its normally not a big deal, but using two seperate amps on 2 seprate subs sharing the same airspace is not good unless everything is matched.

Hmm yeah I tried seting both amps exactly the same, But other than that, its correct? I might have to get a maxxilink. I notice sometimes when it hits low I kinda see one sub moving when the other isnt....That cant be good and it scars me :) Thats why Im asking.

Ill have to see how much I can get a maxlink for. It'll make things alittle easier. For now I might do some testing and try and get the amps set the same. They are almost dead on right now I believe.

I get that problem at high volumes even with master/slave....I think it may be the tradeoff for not using a separator in the box

You have yours hooked up to two or one amp? Cause this is the first time this has happened to me with the subs moving differently sometimes. First time running two amps to two subs also.

Ill have to see how much I can get a maxlink for. It'll make things alittle easier. For now I might do some testing and try and get the amps set the same. They are almost dead on right now I believe.

You have yours hooked up to two or one amp? Cause this is the first time this has happened to me with the subs moving differently sometimes. First time running two amps to two subs also.

two amps two subs bro...

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Hmm yeah I tried seting both amps exactly the same, But other than that, its correct? I might have to get a maxxilink. I notice sometimes when it hits low I kinda see one sub moving when the other isnt....That cant be good and it scars me :) Thats why Im asking.

Totally off topic but where did you get you profile pic at the one with the dc subs on it ? -

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

It takes awhile to tune each amp to each other.

I know cause I had 8 amps pushing 16 subs.

You will have to set and recheck then recheck again.

Then use a different tone and check again.

Then check again and adjust the sub sonic, and bass boost

Maybe, just maybe it will be close.

Then record the subs playing and slow down the tape and see how close you really are ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)