Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.

:hay: Heeeeeyyyyyyy everyone! No not dead. Been crazy ass busy lately.

Not sure when everything is going down with the vehicle swap and all. We're waiting for my parents to get their shit in order.

At that point I'll start the break down on the civic. But before then, might as well enjoy the set up right?

Never was able to get rid of the engine noise, which is irritating as FAWK!!!!!!! Re-grounded the head unit and it was still there. I don't know. I've not been real energized to do anything with it.

I've actually been working on the truck quite a bit. Found some power finally. Then started on the exhaust and headers etc. So in another week or so I should be back up and running with that. Then I'm going to probably work on making some noise in it.

Not much more to report really. My time has been taken up by softball, karate, and soccer, and then working on the truck and honey do lists. I was also working part time for my cousin doing construction for a while, so I was putting in like 15-16 hour days.

So that's about it. Still planning on putting up a big list of things to sell, but until I break down the car, I don't know that I'm going to put much up.

Again, as always, thanks for all your support.

SCOOTER OUT!

Softball starts this week for me. With school too. Gpod bye free time

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Oh I wish I was still playing. THis is for my daughter. I've been teaching her to play, aside of her practices. She just started wanting to play about 2 months ago. A day I'd been waiting for since she was born. But never wanted to push her to do it.

I miss playing ball myself. Just no time for me now unfortunately.

Sometimes it's the little things that you overlook that make the biggest change. SO the engine noise did not come from the Pioneer unit, sorry Pioneer haters. It was my own fault. Apparently I had the 3sixty on unbalanced input instead of balanced input.

I was messing with it yesterday trying to get the damn bluetooth figured out so I could just run my phone straight to the 3sixty via bluetooth, which I never was able to get to work. While reading through the destructions, errrr instructions, I saw a spot where it said in the troubleshooting area, "if you're experiencing engine noise" and then ran through a few options. Switching that input switch was one of them. So I turned it off, flipped the switch, turned her back on and shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whisper quiet!! Engine noise gone! And oh does it sound soooo much clearer now!!!!

I'll most likely be starting the tear down in the next couple of weeks. At that point I'll get a for sale thread up.

That's all. Nothing exciting to report, sorry.

Yeah I'll be selling the alt for sure, I may be selling the head unit as well. I think I'm also going to sell the 3sixty and either go DEH-80prs or go with a different processor. I don't know yet. I haven't quite gotten that far yet. I'm also contemplating going to 4 8's instead of 2 12's. But I'm not there yet. I need to get this car sold and get the other one in my possession, not in that order, before I start a plan of attack.

Dude 4 8's would be really cool, lots of beefy 8's out there i would love to see someone do a 4th with!

Kinda ironic thats what was making the noise in your car...back when i had my 360 issues it was you that commented and told me about the balanced/unbalanced switch lol!

Good stuff man!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Archived