Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.

Tablet mount is coming along nicely! Are you going to try to keep the left air vent functional?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

lookin good so far

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Thanks for the info on the bluetooth adapter, honestly didnt know they made one for this old clunker. I didnt want to use the 3.5mm jack unless I added a external DAC. The bluetooth seems to be around $200, maybe I can find a used one. Thanks for the help, i'll be watching how you mount that thing, ordered a Nexus 7 today for mine

1993 Ford Ranger
Walkthrough
20, North Georgia

Thanks for the info on the bluetooth adapter, honestly didnt know they made one for this old clunker. I didnt want to use the 3.5mm jack unless I added a external DAC. The bluetooth seems to be around $200, maybe I can find a used one. Thanks for the help, i'll be watching how you mount that thing, ordered a Nexus 7 today for mine

No problem. Hope it works out for ya. I hear that Nexus 7 is bad ass! Good luck with it!

Do work. Tablet looks nice sitting there.

You gonna come down to nymans shows this Sunday in south sac?

No. It's my daughters birthday Saturday so we've got stuff all day for that. Then Sunday we're going to go out and cut a christmas tree. So busy weekend again! It's non stop for me like this usually! Trying to sneak an hour or two here and there to get some of this done or at least worked on!

Speaking of, pics uploading of tonight's progress! Be back soon!

Ok here goes. Goal tonight was to get it prepped and wrapped and a coat of resin on it! Success!!!

So first I had to rough it up a bit. Pre roughed

20121203_191443.jpg

Post roughed! Just used some sand paper and sanded the whole thing.

20121203_192316.jpg

Now it's time to make some holes!

20121203_192511.jpg

Why do I do this? Well it gives something for the resin to bond to. I think the theory is, that the resin soaks through the material, and then down into the holes. It helps make a stronger bond, if I understand correctly. So a 1/8" drill bit, and some patience, and you get.......................

swish dash kit!!

20121203_193949.jpg

20121203_194000.jpg

20121203_194003.jpg

The carnage!!

20121203_194007.jpg

Next I sanded it again, just to get some of the left over burrs off.

20121203_194522.jpg

Time to get her covered! Tools:

Daughters assorted colored butterfly clips

Scissors

Painters tape

Grill cloth or material of your choice

20121203_195220.jpg

With the tape I tapped off some of the areas I really didn't want to have resin on. In this case I was trying to keep it off of the holes and areas around the HVAC controls. I don't want to have to try and smooth those out and risk a crooked fit. Probably going to happen anyway, but if I can help it I'll prevent it. Second, I wanted to protect the inside of the dock. Specifically the connector. Don't want any resin in there or the project is ruined! So I got everything tapped off I needed to.

20121203_195912.jpg

Also threw some in behind the big holes. I knew once the grill cloth gets saturated, it seeps through the other side, and I don't want a big mess!

20121203_200106.jpg

I failed to take pics while I put the clips on, but basically I started at the bottom, clipped the cloth on, and then stretched it over the top. Then clipped on top. Then went one side to the other stretching it till it looked good. Keep in mind, the grill cloth is going to sag sometimes when doing this, so I try not to be too perfect, but close perfect is good.

20121203_201131.jpg

You can see the inner frame if you look hard enough.

20121203_201139.jpg

20121203_201150.jpg

Next I tapped, again, around the areas I didn't want resin on, and then I tapped around the edges so as not to completely ruin the clips. Maybe I can reuse them when I'm done!

20121203_201604.jpg

20121203_201628.jpg

Time to make some magic!!!! Resin, cup, stick, brush, hardener, oh and the gloves! THE GLOVES ARE NECESSARY!!! Ok let's do this!

20121203_202148.jpg

Not a great pic, but first coat is on!

20121203_203505.jpg

I'll let it dry tonight and tomorrow and may put a second coat on tomorrow night from the inside and outside. Otherwise tomorrow night will be quite most likely. I may, if I get the ok from the wifey, start on the head unit testing tomorrow night. I got my part in that I was waiting for so I'm good to go I think! I didn't really need it to start the test, but I just like to have everything together.

I think what I'll do for that is just check for my ground and power, and see if I can get it to light up. I'm not 100% sure how I'll find the ground, and if anyone has any suggestions on how I'd do that please feel free to let me know. But I'll see what I can do.

Ok, that's all for tonight! Time for some QT with my wife and bed soon! Night!

LMAO! Well, my workbench is a disaster area, so this is what I have to work with! I actually resined it outside, and that's where it's at. I just brought it in for the picture. Done that before though. Next morning my wife comes in from heading to the car, "um honey, something smell horrible in the garage, I think something died"! Immediate laughter ensued!

Ok really off to bed now! night!

Archived