Trey_Dog650 Posted January 21, 2013 Report Posted January 21, 2013 None! Lol 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
scooter99 Posted January 21, 2013 Author Report Posted January 21, 2013 Im going to work on a ported enclosure, and weigh my options for both. Not completely giving up yet. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
scooter99 Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 Here's a link to a thread I started about connectivity with the 360.3. Check it out and let me know if you have any answers. Thanks guys! Rockford Fosgate 360.3 Connectivity help Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
scooter99 Posted January 24, 2013 Author Report Posted January 24, 2013 Ok so unfortunately i was out sick from work yesterday. Really should probably be home today, except I had a reason to come in. NO silly's not work! This! A little package!! Well what the heck could it possibly be? What am I still waiting for that this could maybe be? / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / muahahahahahahahahahahah Rockford Fosgate 360.3 processor Size comparison with my car key Man she's so sexy! A lot sexier in person then by picture! So for those of you who don't know, I've decided to nix the head unit all together and just go processor and tablet and phone. I am trying to sell the head unit (Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS) but I may just hold onto it and put it in my truck. When I bought it it was $10 more and I had to pay tax on it (thanks California), making it $228.00. Well now it's going for $199. So I may end up taking too much of a loss on it. That being said, one of the things I wanted to do with the Processor, was run both my tablet and my phone off the bluetooth capabilities on the processor. I emailed Rockford Fosgate and asked them some questions. Basically what I was hoping it would do was by using the presets on the processor, connect and disconnect to the phone and tablet by turning to the different preset. So if I was on my main preset 1 being the tablet and it was connected, and I switched to preset 2 for the phone to stream pandora, radio, spotify, etc, that it would disconnect from the tablet and connect to the phone automatically. But I got an email back from fosgate saying that it wouldn't do that and that I would have to disconnect and connect them manually via the devices. So my other option is this. Not using the bluetooth at all and getting the best possible signal out of the units. We'll the tablet has a dock that I've utilized in the dash already that has an HDMI output. The S3 that I have has a docking station out there as well, that also utilizes the HDMI out. I bought this converter a while back, Octava 1x2 Distribution Amplifier that converts the HDMI into 2 more HDMI ports for screens I plan on using later on in the back, but it also converts to analog RCA and Optical Toslink Digital signals. Now how am I going to put two HDMI cables into one HDMI port? Simple. This little beauty right here! Octava 3x1 HDMI Switch This will allow me to insert both HDMI docking cables into the switch. It has an auto scanning feature, so when the HDMI cable is powered up, it will sense it and switch to that port. How will I get around this or make this work? Simple. On each, the tablet and the phone, power cables I'll put a switch inline with them. HDMI needs a power source to operate. So what I will do is when I want to listen to pandora or streaming from the phone, I'll switch the tablet dock power off, and the phone power on. That will activate the switch and change ports. Then I will go into the 1x2 amplifier, with one HDMI cable out of the switch module, and then I have the option of using analog, or even better signal, optical toslink. I'll be using the toslink. Not sure if that makes sense to you all, but the only other way to do it is to root my phone to allow for wifi hotspot on it, and I don't really have the nerve to do that and risk bricking my phone. I also thought about Bluetooth one and not the other, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that or not. The other issue is, these Octava units have a wall power adapter, and I need to some how convert that to 12v. I'm not sure how to do that other than to get a power converter but I also understand those cause issues with noise in the system. So if I can avoid that I'd like to. I'm open to any suggestions. Both units specs are this: 9vDC/500ma on the 3x1 switch 5vDC/2.5a on the 1x2 distribution amp So there will be much more on this. Also my last battery should be here tomorrow, although I'll be out of town. But that will be the final piece to the puzzle. And I've decided while I love the 4th order design, this just isn't the car to have it in. I have to go the way of functionality and go with a ported enclosure instead. It's just the best route to go. So much more to come, stay tuned, and thanks for checking in! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
03 Xtreme Fosgate Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 Sweet.. I got mine today also BUILD LOG-http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179004-03-s10-xtreme-ext-cab-rf-build/ PHOTOBUCKET- http://s1354.beta.photobucket.com/user/03XtremeFosgate/library/truck%20audio%20rebuild
scooter99 Posted January 24, 2013 Author Report Posted January 24, 2013 Nice! Congrats! I'm just researching now how to convert from a wall plug on those Octava units to a 12v so I can hardwire them. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Leo1103 Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 nice! The whole hdmi cable thing seems very interesting! 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
scooter99 Posted January 24, 2013 Author Report Posted January 24, 2013 nice! The whole hdmi cable thing seems very interesting! Yeah it's the best way to get the signal from the tablet, and from the phone really cause if I can't use bluetooth, the 3.5mm output sux. I just emailed a company on some suggestions on a DC to DC converter as well. So I should have my power issues fixed for that soon. Jealous! I want your flip key! Ebay. It was pretty easy actually. Just find the flip key on ebay, then go take it to your dealer and have them cut the blank that comes with it, and then you just have to open your key up and swap over the transponder key. I'll link you to the mod I did on 8th civic.com. Well here's the diy I did it from, apparently I never did one for myself. Oh well. It's pretty easy to do. Basic soldering skills is really all you need. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Leo1103 Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 nice! The whole hdmi cable thing seems very interesting! Yeah it's the best way to get the signal from the tablet, and from the phone really cause if I can't use bluetooth, the 3.5mm output sux. I just emailed a company on some suggestions on a DC to DC converter as well. So I should have my power issues fixed for that soon. yeah thats what Im using now, really don't want to get the alpine bluetooth adapter but I'll prob just bite the bullet and get it just because I love my h/u too much lol 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.