scooter99 Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 Ok so here's the deal. I'm getting a Rockford Fosgate 360.3. It's on it's way. I don't have a head unit. What I am going to use as my main source unit was a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. The only down fall to it, is I bought the Wifi only version, so I can't stream Pandora, or Spotify, MLB.com, or any other streaming apps. So for that I have my Galaxy S3 to stream. While I could tether them, it will screw up my contract, too complicated don't ask. So I basically need to have two units. Not really an issue, since I have the phone on me all the time anyway. HOWEVER, here's my issue. I was really hoping to use bluetooth to connect both of these to the 360.3. I looked at the manual, and looked at the forum, and I've also sent an email to Fosgate. I have found where it says that I can connect multiple devices, It's very vague on presetting and the answer I'm looking for, which is to this question: Can I set I set the presets to have the Tablet on Preset 1, and the Phone on Preset 2? If so, will they automatically connect? Meaning, if I'm on the tablet via bluetooth, and I want to listen to pandora on the phone, can I simply set it to Preset 2, and it will disconnect from the tablet and connect to the phone via bluetooth? I do have the ability to connect either of the units, tablet or phone, to the 360 via RCA or Optical as well. I have an Octava 1x2 HDMI Splitter Distribution Amplifier in which I can do this. The dock for the Tablet has an HDMI output, and I can get a dock for the S3, which will have the same. I guess I'm just being lazy and don't want to run the cables all the way to the back of the car, and I'm still having trouble with the power conversion for this amplifier to run in my car. So if I can't do what I want to above with the bluetooth, which do you guys think would be better to run off of bluetooth and which would be better to run off of optical? So, can someone answer my questions who's had this or tried it or understands the instructions or set up on the 360? Thanks everyone! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Leo1103 Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 Root the s3 and make a WiFi hotspot for the tablet lol that's what I'm probably going to end up doing, if you don't want to root I'm pretty sure you can do up to 4 different eq presets with it 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
scooter99 Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 Root the s3 and make a WiFi hotspot for the tablet lol that's what I'm probably going to end up doing, if you don't want to root I'm pretty sure you can do up to 4 different eq presets with it The only thing about this, I HAVE NO EFFING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING, and I'd be scared to brick my phone. But if you wanna walk me through it I'll be happy to consider it! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Leo1103 Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 My s3 is still stock lol I just haven't gotten around to rooting it, but I think Adam might have rooted his, not too sure though 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
scooter99 Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 I may have found a better solution that will work. But I'll get in touch with Adam as well. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
OrionStang Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 The remote knob for the 360 has a knob for the presets and one for inputs. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=34749&picture_id=1274522 SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
scooter99 Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 Let me actually lay out what I'm thinking. I would obviously prefer to have the bluetooth way work ,it would just be simpler, but I'm not sure that it will the more I think about it. I'll still wait to hear back from RF and the guys around here that know about the 360 already. But in preparing for it not to work, I have a way that will work with both units, tablet and phone, and utilize the optical in for the 360. THis will give me a killer clean signal. Ok here goes. For both the Tablet and the Phone, there is a dock that carries an HDMI port out. I already have one for the tablet, but I would have to buy the one for the S3 (Here). I can find them cheaper than $100 I'm sure. Next, I have a splitter for the HDMI, to give me the optical out as I stated before (here). But I have only one input port on it. So I would need to do a switch for the two HDMI cables to go into one converter. So I found this, which is a 3 HDMI Input and 1 HDMI output. This will switch to the correct port depending on the unit that is powered up. So in my case, I need to be able to have a switch on the power for each the tablet and the phone, individually. I already have a bunch of switches going up front anyway, so 2 more isn't going to hurt anything. So it would go like this: Tablet HDMI > 1 x 3 HDMI Switch > 1 x 2 HDMI Splitter Amplifier > Optical Out from Splitter > Optical in to 360.3 Phone HDMI So if I want to listen to the tablet I power it on, then I switch off the phone dock power, and it will pick up the HDMI signal from the tablet dock. If I want to listen to the phone, it's the opposite. Switch on the phone dock power, and switch off the tablet dock power. Why does that work, cause the HDMI signal needs a power source in order to work. I know that's a lot to do for this but, I want the best cleanest signal possible, and if I can't do the bluetooth direction then this is the best way to go I think cause the 3.5mm out of the phone or tablet are not the best signals, as far as I'm concerned. Not sure if any of that makes sense. Hope it does. Thanks guys. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
scooter99 Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 The remote knob for the 360 has a knob for the presets and one for inputs. http://www.sonicelec...ture_id=1274522 Right and I get that. That's not my issue. My issue is can it switch from one bluetooth device to the other automatically by using the presets? In other words, if not, do I need to manually disconnect from my device and connect to the other device. So if it doesn't work, do I have to go into my tablet, disconnect the 360 from bluetooth, and then go into my phone and connect the bluetooth to the 360 every time I want to switch? Does that make sense? Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
OrionStang Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 Yes. You add all your BT devices to the 360.3 via laptop while setting it up. Then just use the knob to switch between them. Just have to remember what is no.1, no.2, etc. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
n8ball2013 Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 Buy a cheap head unit with blue tooth and hide in in the glovebox. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.