409210_3861004120347_195538044_n.jpg

BassHead88's Jeep

I forgot about his! that's pretty much the look I'm going for, he even has his lights tinted, I like that

Fo realz doe!

When it does go down expect it in the build log! lolz

:good:

E34 540iT/6

wtf is this !?! haha jk, yea my jeep came like that when i bought it back in july, i took the tinted tail lights out because where I live, cops dont like that and I could get a ticket, @ slayer I have them off my jeep now and they have no cracks would you possibly want to buy them ? and yes, i really like the bedliner on the bottom with the black wheels, pretty much a storm trooper look

TEAM Northwest SPL

TEAM SHOK

Go for it dude, I love the look of my Jeep with it. And IMO, anything over $50 is too expensive... you don't need really expensive bedliner to get good results. Im sure you've heard it before, but prep work is the most important piece of any painting. I used to detail cars and do paint/body work at a dealership, and took the time to bedline my lower quarters and fender flares. Here are some pics straight from my build log...

IMAG0218.jpg

Taped it up and got to scuffing up the paint just a bit

IMAG0219.jpg

Primed it

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

And then I bedlined it.

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

I used a spray on rustoleum bedliner, but to be honest, if I were to do it again I'd use the roll on kit. I had a gallon of herculiner sitting in my detail bay that I could have used, but I prefer the rustoleum because its not as grainy, which in my opinion looks better for my Jeep since its not all that beefy looking. The more expensive kits seem to be a lot more chunky, which if you like is fine...its just not my personal preference. Go with whichever brand you want, I just wanted to throw in my .02 cents before you go out and spend a bunch of money on some paint.

And this is how my Jeep is today, about 9 months after paint. Everything is holding up great. I haven't had to do any touch up and it doesnt scratch at all. Also, I've found that if you spray silicone on the bedliner it will give it a nice shine, and the bedliner texture will reflect the light to make it look really nice.

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

wtf is this !?! haha jk, yea my jeep came like that when i bought it back in july, i took the tinted tail lights out because where I live, cops dont like that and I could get a ticket, @ slayer I have them off my jeep now and they have no cracks would you possibly want to buy them ? and yes, i really like the bedliner on the bottom with the black wheels, pretty much a storm trooper look

If you don't mind waiting a little while for me to buy them I'd definitely be interested! I just spend all my money christmas shopping so I'm not gonna have extra money for a little while :(

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

I like the look of that spray on, a nice flat black that would match Plasti Dipping my wheels! I knew I've seen your Jeep's build log on here before, believe it or not yours was the one that made me really want to do mine because of how sweet it turned out. thanks for the pointers man. I'm all for saving a few bucks while being durable. It still looks awesome after 9 months!

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

If you don't mind waiting a little while for me to buy them I'd definitely be interested! I just spend all my money christmas shopping so I'm not gonna have extra money for a little while :( sure i can wait, glad u are interested

TEAM Northwest SPL

TEAM SHOK

Archived