SnowDrifter Posted December 5, 2012 Author Report Posted December 5, 2012 ^^Pretty much right. IIRC there is a fish-tomato out there so the tomato doesn't freeze I try to shop at organic markets and stuff when possible. But it's pretty much impossible to be 100% GMO free ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
ChevyBoy95 Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 i actually did a paper a short while ago on cloning and gene selection and one of the points was animals. the major issue with cloning animals isnt that they will be harmful to eat, in fact they are as safe as a normal fish, all that changed is a few genes, but it is that once you clone or reproduce an identical gene pool over and over and over again you will have a void in immunity which if a disease comes along, it can easily infect the entire population and kill of everything with those genes. they might not seem normal to eat but they are fine as long as they arent pumped with like growth hormones. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
REVOofRustler Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 I'd definitely be less inclined to eat salmon if I knew it had been genetically modified. Besides, isn't cancer basically genetically modified cells? Not that it's really a good comparison, but... Almost all food is genetically modified now. Or it's pumped full of hormones and chemicals."Genetically modified" and "mutation/cross-pollination" are separate things, IIRC. "Genetically modified" is deliberately laboratory tampering with the genetic structure, like adding spider DNA to a potato. Whereas a mutation is natural. IDK if I explaned that right. Makes sense to me! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
n1ghtsn1p3r Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 I'd definitely be less inclined to eat salmon if I knew it had been genetically modified. Besides, isn't cancer basically genetically modified cells? Not that it's really a good comparison, but... Almost all food is genetically modified now. Or it's pumped full of hormones and chemicals."Genetically modified" and "mutation/cross-pollination" are separate things, IIRC. "Genetically modified" is deliberately laboratory tampering with the genetic structure, like adding spider DNA to a potato. Whereas a mutation is natural. IDK if I explaned that right. You're right, cancer is a MUTATION, not a modified cell Yay, I was hoping I didn't derp the explanation Mutations can either be "freak" (genes randomly screwing up, with no triggering factors) or they are influenced by their environment (kind of like the crap in cigarettes can cause cancer, IIRC) 2016 Ford Focus SE No build log yetDC Audio 1.2K2x DC Audio Level 2 10"
SnowDrifter Posted December 5, 2012 Author Report Posted December 5, 2012 i actually did a paper a short while ago on cloning and gene selection and one of the points was animals. the major issue with cloning animals isnt that they will be harmful to eat, in fact they are as safe as a normal fish, all that changed is a few genes, but it is that once you clone or reproduce an identical gene pool over and over and over again you will have a void in immunity which if a disease comes along, it can easily infect the entire population and kill of everything with those genes. they might not seem normal to eat but they are fine as long as they arent pumped with like growth hormones. As far as we know, they are safe to eat. Honestly, there haven't been tested long term by 3rd parties (that I'm aware of). It's tough to weed through the information available - what is sponsored info and what isn't. Take high fructose corn syrup for example. I don't think I need to explain why it is worse than sugar. But yet there are company sponsored ads saying that it is safe to eat ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
n1ghtsn1p3r Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 i actually did a paper a short while ago on cloning and gene selection and one of the points was animals. the major issue with cloning animals isnt that they will be harmful to eat, in fact they are as safe as a normal fish, all that changed is a few genes, but it is that once you clone or reproduce an identical gene pool over and over and over again you will have a void in immunity which if a disease comes along, it can easily infect the entire population and kill of everything with those genes. they might not seem normal to eat but they are fine as long as they arent pumped with like growth hormones. As far as we know, they are safe to eat. Honestly, there haven't been tested long term by 3rd parties (that I'm aware of). It's tough to weed through the information available - what is sponsored info and what isn't. Take high fructose corn syrup for example. I don't think I need to explain why it is worse than sugar. But yet there are company sponsored ads saying that it is safe to eat Of course, companies like Monsanto could be in their pockets. There are theories that issues like Autism are GMO related, since they both appeared right around the same time. Same with a few other issues. I suggest giving the Coast to Coast AM episodes I posted above a listen. I know they are long, but at least they are condensed and commercial free (unlike the normal 4 hour airing, with breaks for commercials and news). ^^Pretty much right. IIRC there is a fish-tomato out there so the tomato doesn't freeze I try to shop at organic markets and stuff when possible. But it's pretty much impossible to be 100% GMO free But you can get darn close to it. Some of the GMO-free alternatives are actually quite delicious, like those Sunwell green bean chips, while others are not, like Enerfood (tastes like stagnant pondwater) 2016 Ford Focus SE No build log yetDC Audio 1.2K2x DC Audio Level 2 10"
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.