Sundown Audio

2011 Hifonics colossus burning for days.

Mrgunderson23

If they won't do anything for you until it stops working then carry on, if your truck burns down they can pay for you truck as you have already notified them of the smoke and they have told you to continue using it.

Deffo won't be using that company if this is their attitude when customer phones up to tell them their amps smoking, if that was me i would be telling the customer to get that amp out of their truck asap ship it back to us asap and check it out free of charge.

I call troll. he made the thread at 5:30pm, then at 7:00pm he says he changed the box and took out the amp earlier that evening? plus he had been posting in that time, not saying anything about taking the amp out. says it gets his wheels hopping?

:bsflag:

Agreed.

Magic smoke is limited in supply too. It doesnt keep rolling from electronics.

If they won't do anything for you until it stops working then carry on, if your truck burns down they can pay for you truck as you have already notified them of the smoke and they have told you to continue using it.

Deffo won't be using that company if this is their attitude when customer phones up to tell them their amps smoking, if that was me i would be telling the customer to get that amp out of their truck asap ship it back to us asap and check it out free of charge.

HAHAHA nobody told him to keep using it.....he just was.

and I love how everyone is so quick to say that Sonic is 1000% responsible for this amp. They don't know how it's been installed, they don't know the expertise of the user; all they know is it left their warehouse and was received by the customer in good condition. Now it's been hooked up by the customer and it's smoking. Could it be a manufacturing error? absolutely. But it seems to me that Sonic just wants to test it themselves to make sure. There's no doubt in my mind that Sonic would refund or replace it if it was proven to be a faulty unit. For them to ask to test it themselves seems like a very reasonable request to me.

edit: also, Sonic would be well within their right to charge OP for the test and to ship it back if it was concluded to be user error.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I call troll. he made the thread at 5:30pm, then at 7:00pm he says he changed the box and took out the amp earlier that evening? plus he had been posting in that time, not saying anything about taking the amp out. says it gets his wheels hopping?

:bsflag:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

it not completely out its just unhooked because i was moving my batteries and i have one box at 38 hz and one at 29hz. they didnt direct me anywhere they said if it works then they will charge me. IMO if its not under 14 volts there shouldnt be a problem and my ground is prolly 8 inches long maybe 10 and its to the frame. no they didnt twell me to keep using it but why send it to them for them to charge me to send it back and test it because it plays fine and every feature on the amp works there is just smoke. and it has been doing it. its wired how it should be. i changed my box and put 1 on each channel at 4 ohms and it still does it. i cant post videos it wont work.

1999 Saab 9-3 TURBO

Stock alt atm

BIG 3 UPGRADE

Everlast battery under the hood

2 Duralast Platinum H8 AGm batteries

2 Runs of 1/0 gauge front to back

250 amp Circuit breaker up front

300 amp circuit breaker on the sub amp

Pioneer DEH 6500XT

MB Quart ONX 4.60

Kenwood KFC components all around

2011 Hifonics Colossus 3200

2 D2 SSA icon 18s

14 volts all day long

i can work in my garage with a laptop when i have wireless and it has been smoking idc what any of you say you have not seen in my car and im sorry i cant post videos to show you guys i could give a detailed discription but thats about it. i was just wondering if anyone would know why an amp would smoke and keep playing. thanks anyway tho.

1999 Saab 9-3 TURBO

Stock alt atm

BIG 3 UPGRADE

Everlast battery under the hood

2 Duralast Platinum H8 AGm batteries

2 Runs of 1/0 gauge front to back

250 amp Circuit breaker up front

300 amp circuit breaker on the sub amp

Pioneer DEH 6500XT

MB Quart ONX 4.60

Kenwood KFC components all around

2011 Hifonics Colossus 3200

2 D2 SSA icon 18s

14 volts all day long

Not trying to be a dick but if you want us to take our time to help you figure the problem out then it seems reasonable for you to take the time to learn to post pics here to make it easier for us to help you

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived