Tyler L Harstine Posted December 7, 2012 Report Posted December 7, 2012 Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as component speakers go..I'd like to know some good brands/sets to look at. Thanks in advance 01 Cadillac DTS(totaled) :(stock bose HU & doors2 earthquake tremor-x 15db drive 2000ish watt amp68 cadillac sedan deville(same fate) :'(((pioneer deh-something HUearthquake focus 6x9 rearmassive audio something 6x9 frontsoundstream tweets2 earthquake dbxi-15dmassive audio N4 amp^^subs/amp soon to be in my gf carford excursion (next ride, and planned system)pioneer 80prshigh (2 per a-pillar and 2 per b-pillar) ft1 tweets ^^possibly 1 per door too C1100.4mid (2-4 per door) pwx-10 (2) C1600.2 ampsub 4 dc lvl 6 18 (CF package and maybe other stuff) (2) dc 9k amp ported enclosure @ 30hza few D1600s(2-3) HO altsquite a few feet of 4/0 and 1/0
mrd6 Posted December 7, 2012 Report Posted December 7, 2012 need more info: goals for sound, budget, car, rest of setup, etc My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Sutliff Posted December 7, 2012 Report Posted December 7, 2012 Infinity Kappa Perfect 5.1 / 6.1's. Zeke '14 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/ Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build Pioneer FH-P8000BT Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC) RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP MechMan S Series 240A XS Power D3400 & D975
Tyler L Harstine Posted December 7, 2012 Author Report Posted December 7, 2012 The plan is 2 dc xl 15/18 on the dc 7.5k amp in the trunk of a 01-05 deville...I like to lean more towards sq, so basically I want a good balanced sound, better yet I like to hear all of the music if that helps...Id like to do the speakers in all 4 doors(cause I roll with a crew sometimes lol) not opposed to glassing them in. Will be going with a pioneer HU with crossover features..as far as budget goes I'm not really concerned with that because I'd rather wait and get what want than get what I can afford right away...need any other info? 01 Cadillac DTS(totaled) :(stock bose HU & doors2 earthquake tremor-x 15db drive 2000ish watt amp68 cadillac sedan deville(same fate) :'(((pioneer deh-something HUearthquake focus 6x9 rearmassive audio something 6x9 frontsoundstream tweets2 earthquake dbxi-15dmassive audio N4 amp^^subs/amp soon to be in my gf carford excursion (next ride, and planned system)pioneer 80prshigh (2 per a-pillar and 2 per b-pillar) ft1 tweets ^^possibly 1 per door too C1100.4mid (2-4 per door) pwx-10 (2) C1600.2 ampsub 4 dc lvl 6 18 (CF package and maybe other stuff) (2) dc 9k amp ported enclosure @ 30hza few D1600s(2-3) HO altsquite a few feet of 4/0 and 1/0
Skullz Posted December 7, 2012 Report Posted December 7, 2012 Depends on your budget as we could recommend some low cost components or some really expensive ones. I have had great luck with the jbl p660c components. The hertz hsk 165's are an awesome set of components. Personally though i would stay away from anything that has a metal tweeter as they'll be bright or harsh and take many weeks to get them to mellow out and sound good. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Truconcept Posted December 7, 2012 Report Posted December 7, 2012 this guys gotta good deal atm on soundstream rubicon and 4mids http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155278-dc-audio-loaded-m2-xl15-soundstream-amps-and-pro-speakers/#entry2225808 **actin bad like a kid at six flags**
john253a Posted December 7, 2012 Report Posted December 7, 2012 if you have the budget to power a 7.5k of amp, idd say the sky is the limit, but in all seriousness, you need to do a bit more research on your planed sub setup, because it aint going to happen, on limited knowledge or budget for a good price sonic have the Rf T2 components for under 200 a pair if you plane on a bad ass sub setup idd look at in 2 or 3 sets for the front stage on 2-300rms a pair and 1 or 2 for the rear on same power
Tyler L Harstine Posted December 7, 2012 Author Report Posted December 7, 2012 if you have the budget to power a 7.5k of amp, idd say the sky is the limit, but in all seriousness, you need to do a bit more research on your planed sub setup, because it aint going to happen, on limited knowledge or budget for a good price sonic have the Rf T2 components for under 200 a pair if you plane on a bad ass sub setup idd look at in 2 or 3 sets for the front stage on 2-300rms a pair and 1 or 2 for the rear on same power I have more knowledge of my proposed setup than it comes off, I've had this car before and know what I can do space wise in the trunk and know what I'll have to do to support the power. I mean for the most part I figured I was gonna have to have more than one set of components in the front/rear. Really I was just kinda asking what the good quality names to look for are when it comes to component sets...oh and a question does the size of the components really matter would there be much difference with going with a 5.25 vs 6.5 vs 8...I was just recently looking on woofersetc 01 Cadillac DTS(totaled) :(stock bose HU & doors2 earthquake tremor-x 15db drive 2000ish watt amp68 cadillac sedan deville(same fate) :'(((pioneer deh-something HUearthquake focus 6x9 rearmassive audio something 6x9 frontsoundstream tweets2 earthquake dbxi-15dmassive audio N4 amp^^subs/amp soon to be in my gf carford excursion (next ride, and planned system)pioneer 80prshigh (2 per a-pillar and 2 per b-pillar) ft1 tweets ^^possibly 1 per door too C1100.4mid (2-4 per door) pwx-10 (2) C1600.2 ampsub 4 dc lvl 6 18 (CF package and maybe other stuff) (2) dc 9k amp ported enclosure @ 30hza few D1600s(2-3) HO altsquite a few feet of 4/0 and 1/0
john253a Posted December 7, 2012 Report Posted December 7, 2012 size if comes down to what you want to achive and someone with enough knowledge to to pull off 7.5k and 2x 15or18 in a trunk build and doesnt have the smarts to walk into a shop and listen to some speakers, really make me wonder
Tyler L Harstine Posted December 7, 2012 Author Report Posted December 7, 2012 size if comes down to what you want to achive and someone with enough knowledge to to pull off 7.5k and 2x 15or18 in a trunk build and doesnt have the smarts to walk into a shop and listen to some speakers, really make me wonder Has nothing to do with smarts, just more that I live in the middle of nowhere, where every speaker shop in a 100 mile radius(very few as a matter of fact) are all owned by Arabs and are filled with nothing but trash speakers...these same bastards try to tell me I only needed 8g wire for my 4000w amp I had in my 68 caddy, damn I mean we're talking a 20 foot run of wire....so excuse me for not stepping foot into another speaker shop 01 Cadillac DTS(totaled) :(stock bose HU & doors2 earthquake tremor-x 15db drive 2000ish watt amp68 cadillac sedan deville(same fate) :'(((pioneer deh-something HUearthquake focus 6x9 rearmassive audio something 6x9 frontsoundstream tweets2 earthquake dbxi-15dmassive audio N4 amp^^subs/amp soon to be in my gf carford excursion (next ride, and planned system)pioneer 80prshigh (2 per a-pillar and 2 per b-pillar) ft1 tweets ^^possibly 1 per door too C1100.4mid (2-4 per door) pwx-10 (2) C1600.2 ampsub 4 dc lvl 6 18 (CF package and maybe other stuff) (2) dc 9k amp ported enclosure @ 30hza few D1600s(2-3) HO altsquite a few feet of 4/0 and 1/0
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.