Sundown Audio

Big Boy 4-Channels

OrionStang

I prefer 2 class A/B 2-channel amps over one larger 4-channel amp any day ...

You have a more stable (double) input power supply voltage setup than you would have in the single unit ...

The single amp is going to work harder to make output power and creating more current draw. This will drain your battery power faster, creating more heat (current draw) and quite possibly create more distortion at higher volumes ...

Than again ... Just my suggestion here.

Something to consider ...

I'm considering it, since I have have three pairs of speakers, all with different power needs.

Tweets need 100-125

Mids need 180-200

Subs need 250-300

I'd rather underpower the subs than overpower the mids, which is why 200x4 seems legit.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I'm going with 2 150x2 2-channels for my mids and highs ... Going to be more than enough ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Crossfire BMF 600.2 is 300x2 underrated. Pair of those is way cheaper than the 200.4. Smaller footprint too, it's like 14x8 with 90a of fusing.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

I'm going with 2 150x2 2-channels for my mids and highs ... Going to be more than enough ...

Then again, my (Linear Power) amps are rated 150x2 per channel at 50 htz ... Where most are rated at 1k htz ... So if you do the math, you can tell how much true output power my amps are putting out ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I believe Coleman is releasing a 400w amp in the near future and possibly some 2/4 channels. They look good in their white casing.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

I have a thing about matching amps.

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about here !!!

The Linear Power amps are really good sound quality amps, seen and heard them in person. Cablguy may have something for you.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Linear Power has some of the smallest footprint amps on the market ...

But don't ever mistake that for weakness ... LOL

Archived