Looking to pick up a new headunit. Need some schooling.

Ian01

Shop around a little bit. Crutchfield can be high on some of their stuff but they do have great CS. Plus they send you a Installation guide for your specific car which comes in handy if your not quite sure how to do something

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet lol.

Lol what are you thinking??

ive always used pioneer h/u's. they have great quality and easy use if you ask me. some people say the controls get time to get used to but with any audiophile head unit that comes with all the good options it will take some time to learn it all.

currently i have the 80prs-deh wish i would have known about that guy selling them cheaper but then again warranty is nice specially with authorized dealers. ive read its clean 60/62 but above i see someone said his is clean full tilt. i usualy keep mine at about 55 mostly because i dont have a dd-1 or anything else to test it with.

Damn, lotta people love this Pioneer. I think I'll have it or what Haters said.

Crutchfield has it for 280 shipped fyi.

I made the switch to Pioneer from Kenwood, it opened up new doors :). I was speechless, I love the features and it just looks so damn nice. There are other models that are nice too. Damn!! Crutchfield has it for $280, that's nuts with the install gear too.

Lol this comment pretty much seals the deal with Pioneer.. I love the look too.. and Sonicelectronix is stepping their game up too

Shop around a little bit. Crutchfield can be high on some of their stuff but they do have great CS. Plus they send you a Installation guide for your specific car which comes in handy if your not quite sure how to do something

Best customer support anywhere on the net... before and after the point. Had an amp acting funny and had it replaced in 2 days of the phone call... WTF right. :P

·· YouTube ··

··

The Ride · The Audio ··

···

The Toy ···

Absolutely love my deh-80prs. Crutchfield would be the best deal since you get free install gear. Amazon has it for 268 + free 2 day shipping since you already have install gear. But I (like most other people) highly recommend it. I tested mine with a DD-1 and it clipped at 62, which is the max signal.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

I couldnt be happier with my deh-80prs. It did take a little bit of time to get used to, but it's pretty easy once you get used to it. The amount of audio customization features is ridiculous!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

I couldnt be happier with my deh-80prs. It did take a little bit of time to get used to, but it's pretty easy once you get used to it. The amount of audio customization features is ridiculous!

Absolutely love my deh-80prs. Crutchfield would be the best deal since you get free install gear. Amazon has it for 268 + free 2 day shipping since you already have install gear. But I (like most other people) highly recommend it. I tested mine with a DD-1 and it clipped at 62, which is the max signal.

Thanks for the input guys... deh80prs it is then ;) I'll probably have it in 1-2 weeks.. can't wait

I work shitty shifts so I don't always get back to the forums on time..

·· YouTube ··

··

The Ride · The Audio ··

···

The Toy ···

i may be the odd one out but i likes my alpine 9887 :D i've heard good things about imprint, so i plan on getting that sometime after christmas if i don't get it for christmas

but i'm sure you won't go wrong with that unit. i don't think i've heard a single bad thing about it

i may be the odd one out but i likes my alpine 9887 :D i've heard good things about imprint, so i plan on getting that sometime after christmas if i don't get it for christmas

but i'm sure you won't go wrong with that unit. i don't think i've heard a single bad thing about it

That unit looks totally bitchin' when it's lit up @ http://www.zen104526.zen.co.uk/120d/9887_1er.jpg and what did you mean about imprint?

& neither have I; I'm going to be completely mind fucked if I get installed and it's as good as everyone says. :rockwoot:

·· YouTube ··

··

The Ride · The Audio ··

···

The Toy ···

Archived