Besides for supporting 600lbs+ on the front baffle, and not flexing, what are the reasons for it being so thick? Ive heard in some cases it helps the woofers "feel" as if theyre in separate boxes. Any other reasons besides the obvious? Or is that it lol.

The main reason for the thick baffle is strength, the baffle cannot flex at all. Another reason, in my build was for tuning. My baffle IS the port.. it's same thickness as I needed to tune this build to 32 Hz. It's 8 1/4 inches thick (or the same as a 8 1/4 inch long port). I will be adding another layer on the baffle for a beauty board around the subs, I'm also gonna paint it up and clear it so it looks good and is nice and slick ;) Final tuning on this will end up being just under 32 Hz. And yes, the thick baffle does help the subwoofers with "loading" issues, with the thicker baffle you will have much better subwoofer cone control, the subs will have fewer "wierd interactions" with each other inside the enclosure if the baffle is as close to the hight of the basket as possible... (6" deep basket on sub = 5" or 6" thick baffle)

What I really didn't get enough pictures of, was the back wall. It's 2 layers of birch plywood, LOTS of 2x6's on end, and another layer of birch ply to finish it off. Everything was glued and screwed together...That back wall needs to be as strong OR stronger than the front baffle. To top all of that off, I used my 1" square tube welded together and nut & bolted through the sides of the enclosure, also 2 1/2" lag bolted to the front and rear baffles for strength front to rear.

Hopes this answers your question, and thanks again!!

You're only 45 minutes away and not even iiiii have gotten a demo of this. When I come back to Ames the second week of January I'm coming to visit.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

sick, sick, build those SMD 18's are beasts and a half.....

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

Archived