Laptop upgrades?

Thanks Hotdog I'll check that out. I come up with eBay not the others.

Actually Kranny I thought they were separate so thanks. Might explain why my search was limited. I just want to learn the basics nothing big. My nerd days have slowed down :( .

Ric006 Acer inspire. Haven't opened it up yet. Wating until I learn a little more before I do. I didn't know laptops have video cards too. Thought just desktops did.

A SSD drive would def speed up the computer, I'm debating whether or not to do it for my laptop since mine is 3 years old IDK if it's really even worth it.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

A SSD drive would def speed up the computer, I'm debating whether or not to do it for my laptop since mine is 3 years old IDK if it's really even worth it.

Don't fall out of your chair lol. My term knowlage is very limited. So what is a SSD?

Under processors it shows two Intel® Pentium® CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz

DVD is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8A0AS

Disk drives is WDC WD5000BPVT-22HXZT1

Graphics is HD Graphics generic I guess

Aspire 5733Z 64-bit 4 GB (3.68 GB free) rating at 4.8 service pack 1

Unable to find anything about video card

Don't know if this says anything about this laptop or not. Will this handle online play or is it again my service provider. I would light to upgrade to blue ray and make this faster.

Don't fall out of your chair lol. My term knowlage is very limited. So what is a SSD?

Solid State Drive, uses flash memory instead of mechanical disk. This creates lower access times & latency, so one thing for example is faster boot times, 30 sec or less compared to the 1 minute or more boot of regular HDD's also good for laptops since if you drop your laptop while running you can mess up the HDD causing it to fail (which happened to me) but SSD's have no moving parts (since its all flash).

They are more expensive though for less space but performance and more reliability wise they are becoming the new thing.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Solid State Drive, uses flash memory instead of mechanical disk. This creates lower access times & latency, so one thing for example is faster boot times, 30 sec or less compared to the 1 minute or more boot of regular HDD's also good for laptops since if you drop your laptop while running you can mess up the HDD causing it to fail (which happened to me) but SSD's have no moving parts (since its all flash).

They are more expensive though for less space but performance and more reliability wise they are becoming the new thing.

Cool thanks sir.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but the only laptops I've seen in the past 3 years that have CPU's soildered to the mainboard are very, very cheap compaqs.

If it uses DDR3 upgrade the ram to at least 8 gigs, there's no reason not to, 8 gigs of DDR3 laptop memory is like 35$

You get get a pretty good SSD for around 150, and it should increase the speed a LOT.

Archived