Second Skin Audio

What is unloading?

Herokight

Exactly what the title says. I've heard about unloading a lot looking through builds. I think I may have some general idea of what it is, but could someone explain it for me?

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Oh ok. I didn't know too big of an enclosure could cause it. I thought it had something to do with lack of back pressure due to the port's position behind or close to a woofer. Basically the woofer is free-airing inside an enclosure?

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

A very extreme loss of pressure in the enclosure. For example with the vehicle closed up the cabin builds pressure obviously. When you open the door the pressure quickly changes aka unloading usually resulting in loss of cone control. It really only matters in high power burp setups. I've seen some tc sounds subs on a full tilt burp. Where the person forgot I guess and opened the door the subs went crazy. And the former I think that's what its called smacked the cone. There was a little ring dent visable where it hit..

That's what it means to me anyway. And I'm sure that's not even close to a full complete explanation but I'm not the guru that a a.few people around here are. They could prolly explain it a lot better

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Glad I ask questions. These are all things I probably would've ended up doing and learned the hard way. Is that why I see people turn it down before opening a door or rolling down windows?

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

I mean if ur running massive power maybe it depends on the setup and how it reacts to opening the door or w.e. at least in that sense of unloading. Or w.e you wanna call that. But I play full tilt sealed and can open the door without anything crazy happening but im not building crazy SPL either or running ass loads of power. It just changes how the subs play / react when your not pushing limits there's a decent amount of tolerance where you don't need to worry about it. When your pushing every boundary your margin for error is tiny and opening your door under circumstances might cause some interesting things to happen.most ppl prolly turn it down because playing full tilt windows down is kinda being a dick and abnoxious to ppl other than you and I car audio ppl is my guess.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

I meant on vids from shows I've seen people do that. Idk if it'd be too big of a deal from what I want to do. I want to put 2 Mayhem 15s in a c-pillar wall on two Rockford 2500BDCPs. I say c-pillar wall because from what I've seen it'd be a challenge to keep them below the window line of the vehicle I'm looking at.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Well if you plan to compete the window line matters. If not than it doesn't matter..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll compete or not. The window line doesn't really matter to me. I like the challenge of "how much can I stuff in here?" :D

I just want to do it right the first time and not have to rip anything apart until I rebuild. That's why I've been asking so many questions. Even though it's gonna be a bit before I get this build going. I'm currently recuperating from a severe wreck with head trauma, but I figured I could still keep my love for bass and car audio alive and learn until then.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Archived