Sundown Audio

Just a question.

What are gonna cross yours at?

I've read some really low low settings like 60hz

Seen sundownz say like 100hz

A few of my friends are like no lower than 150hz..

Is 12db per octave a steep slope? What's average on a set of comps?

Obviously I wouldn't be wise to run em like 60hz with only the minimal slope.

Just trying to get it all figured out before I install myine in a week or so.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

My hpf is set at 70hz. The mids do well even at max volume, no distortion, and they don't get warm. I'll probably raise it to 80 when I get my sub installed. ANy higher than that, and the mid starts sounding 'empty', for lack of better words.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

My hpf is set at 70hz. The mids do well even at max volume, no distortion, and they don't get warm. I'll probably raise it to 80 when I get my sub installed. ANy higher than that, and the mid starts sounding 'empty', for lack of better words.

What kind of power are you throwing at them? I am also trying to see what will be good. I will be powering it with the sundown 125.4.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

I like even steeper. 24db per octive on tweets. Then if able, "roll off" my mid bass. To in effect "over lap" or blend. some of those honey frq's.

Again you need gear that can do it. The install will dictate a ton. There is a lot to consider. But just having the ability, is pretty trick in a comp set. And myself only seems a few processors have a 24 or even 36 db slope. My .2 did. And its something i would be very eyeball about, in buying a processor/dsp.

Most are 6, and 12. Thats why when Ken posed the question, the numbers he used, took my head, & led me right to a cut off "slope". I had no idea about sundowns comp set abilities. Never even looked at em, but the 6 and 12 level of adjustment led me straight there.

What kind of power are you throwing at them? I am also trying to see what will be good. I will be powering it with the sundown 125.4.

125.2, I set the gains with the -5db dd-1 track, but then backed the gain a tad as I didn't like how high it was. Probably setting with the 0db tone would be perfect.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread