Second Skin Audio

which would be better for lows, mostly demo type stuff?

jeffrm

Why must people hate on 30hz tuning? A big cone area build tuned low 28-30hz is a whole nother monster compared to tuning 36-38hz

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

If its built roght... It can still kill 25hz if tuned to 35hz..

Im tuned to 34hz and cam still kill low 20hz area. There isnt all that much music that low anyways..

And I completely agree with that, but if you tuned as low as 28hz I bet you can kill the lows in the 14hz range, it's all personal preference really, I much rather have insane lows than the choking metal rattling high bass.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

and at that point you arent hearing it anyways. All youre hearing is mechanical noise and shit slapping. If you have to play 14 hz to get shit moving maybe its time to take a step back and realize that your goals are not realistic for your setup.

As for center port. I just never had any luck with them. It doesnt necessarily move more air. Just places the port closer to each person. Plus I find if you dont build it strong enopugh on the baffle you are screwed on anyway to strengthen it for the most part. I also dont like port on top either. All that does is make your roof flap more and make you structurally weak in the one area you need it most.

heres my wall.

photobucket-19397-1340919590997.jpg

if I had put the port in the middle and ran into baffle flex issues where would I have been able to add additional bracing as well. I wouldnt have been able to brace it in an area that would have been beneficial to me. either close to the port wall or close to the end walls. Its an awful lot of work to do it half assed so you have to think about all these things before it goes in. Center port doesnt add enough strength for me to do and if you are walling it you're going to have more than enough power and cone area to do your cute little hair tricks otu the passenger window. If not stick em in the drivers seat and let them get a taste of the port.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

and at that point you arent hearing it anyways. All youre hearing is mechanical noise and shit slapping. If you have to play 14 hz to get shit moving maybe its time to take a step back and realize that your goals are not realistic for your setup.

As for center port. I just never had any luck with them. It doesnt necessarily move more air. Just places the port closer to each person. Plus I find if you dont build it strong enopugh on the baffle you are screwed on anyway to strengthen it for the most part. I also dont like port on top either. All that does is make your roof flap more and make you structurally weak in the one area you need it most.

heres my wall.

if I had put the port in the middle and ran into baffle flex issues where would I have been able to add additional bracing as well. I wouldnt have been able to brace it in an area that would have been beneficial to me. either close to the port wall or close to the end walls. Its an awful lot of work to do it half assed so you have to think about all these things before it goes in. Center port doesnt add enough strength for me to do and if you are walling it you're going to have more than enough power and cone area to do your cute little hair tricks otu the passenger window. If not stick em in the drivers seat and let them get a taste of the port.

im screen shoting this

Again... How much music acctually has 14hz that isnt super slowed?

ok maybe 14hz was a bit exaggerated but I know a few songs that get down into the low 20's high teens, like I said it's all about personal preference. I used to be all about higher bass, tuned to 36-38 but after I heard a few low end ground pounders I just fell in love with it, also seeing a pair of 12's tuned low on 3.5k destroy a sun roof track just impressed me I guess.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

heres my wall.

im screen shoting this

I save the pic too

Lol theirs alot more Of n8s build pic around the forum I've seen atleast 5 pics of his build

heres my wall.

im screen shoting this

I save the pic too

Lol theirs alot more Of n8s build pic around the forum I've seen atleast 5 pics of his build

if i have to ill make his build log!

jk im too lazy.

n8 you bring up valid points that make me want to do a drivers port again when i rebuild my box.

Archived