SMZ2 Posted December 24, 2012 Report Posted December 24, 2012 It didn't freaking work.... I'm about to upload some pictures of my wiring etc... I know I wired everything right I'm sure of it. Any input is appreciated guys it rest at 12.8 then it drops to 12.0 when I cut on the car. Is it the alt or did I wire it wrong? wires from alt into stock harness and then above is the stock positive run and my big 3 positive run. Here's another picture I'm getting 12v from the stock plug also but when I crank the car and the belt turns the alts pulley it drops the voltage more... I'm pretty frustrated and could really use some help/advice. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
Jessica Posted December 24, 2012 Report Posted December 24, 2012 I think by looking at that first picture your charge lead is not tight. The big wire. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
tacomaguy1 Posted December 24, 2012 Report Posted December 24, 2012 It's plug and play wiring? Team Flex Issues
SMZ2 Posted December 24, 2012 Author Report Posted December 24, 2012 I tightened it down after that picture. Also I had to crimp those on the wires but it fit in the stock location. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
Jessica Posted December 24, 2012 Report Posted December 24, 2012 You sure the belt is tight and not slipping? It may not squeal if it is slipping. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
all4spl Posted December 24, 2012 Report Posted December 24, 2012 Double check everything, wiring, bolts etc. And if the belt is slipping (put a chalk mark on the belt to double check) then I would contact Tenney directly I am sure he will be more than willing to help out. Retired from SPL again.... 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder
SMZ2 Posted December 24, 2012 Author Report Posted December 24, 2012 I've already contacted him. Its to dark now... But I will check if I get a chance tomorrow. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
SMZ2 Posted December 24, 2012 Author Report Posted December 24, 2012 It works now!!! I just troubleshooted and it works! I just switched the plug in and play wires... I matched them with the stock wire but that wasn't right so I switched them and it charged right to 14.8 volts. Goodness I feel stupid! My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
all4spl Posted December 24, 2012 Report Posted December 24, 2012 It's all good bro, I contacted Tenney to let him know of your problem good to know it was an easy fix Ill let him know you are all good! Retired from SPL again.... 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder
zydrix Posted December 24, 2012 Report Posted December 24, 2012 It works now!!! I just troubleshooted and it works! I just switched the plug in and play wires... I matched them with the stock wire but that wasn't right so I switched them and it charged right to 14.8 volts. Goodness I feel stupid! nice! glad to see it work. u have plans on doing a clamp on it? an what size is it? My 350a alt should be shipping this week from him. My build 98 s10 2.2 3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here) atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build) alpine 6.5s in doors infinty 4x6s in dash. clarion cz201 HU. mechman 240a H/O alt stuff i still need. SHCA 2/0 wire SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters Atomic AT-3000.1 Lots of sound deadner new mids an highs, still debating on what to do. A few Deka g31 batts.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.