HELP! Computer won't boot :(

Normally, I can usually work my way through these problems myself, but nothing I've tried has worked yet so I'm turning to you guys.

My wife was editing some photos from one of her photoshoots on our desktop and when she finished, she went to burn them onto a DVD. She put the DVD in the drive, clicked the format this disk button and when it got to "0:00 seconds left" the computer froze. So she hit ctrl+alt+del and ended the task. So she went to put the disk back into the drive again and it wouldn't recognize the disk with the auto play so I had her manually find the disk in "my computer" and nothing popped up. So I told her to restart the computer. Well when she went to restart the computer, it wouldn't boot. So I forced the shutdown with the power button and it gets to the screen where it says windows didn't shut down properly and lets you start windows normally, boot in safe mode ect ect and anything I try fails to boot. When I try to boot from safe mode it hangs up on this and wont go any further:

7372BD75-9B60-4041-9ED0-13D7387CBF08-6634-0000063E37422887.jpg

So any insight as to what I can do to get the computer to boot? And if its beyond repair...how would I go about recovering the photos from the hard drive?

Thanks guys! :drinks:

Ok, here's another quick question...I've been doin a little research, and it seems that most people who have this problem can still access the files from the hard drive with a sata to USB adapter. If I get one of those adapters, is it as easy as hooking it up to another comp and accessing the files like it was a USB drive? Or is it more in depth than that? Any input would be appreciated.

We are going to be buying a new laptop soon so I'm not to worried about fixing this computer, but It's important to get those pictures off the drive.

try reloading your computer first if it happens again your drive is failing, this could happen from prone to viruses and/or a failing drive a complete failing drive or partailly failing drive the computer will see the drive off and on

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Ok, we'll I'm going to try the sata to USB adapter and see if I can salvage the pictures. Like I said, I'm not too worried about fixing it, cause I'm going to be getting my wife a laptop but those pictures are pretty important to get.

Archived