noe619 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 lol i just put in a fram 3x with easy grip, its what was in there and most people use fram around here so idk, but oh well maybe next time that filter is not very good, you can check how they compare them on youtube, also I believe some website "bob is the oil guy" has good info on that I used to use them until I did some research on filters..now I use k&n or other higher quality filters.
noe619 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 lol i just put in a fram 3x with easy grip, its what was in there and most people use fram around here so idk, but oh well maybe next time that filter is not very good, you can check how they compare them on youtube, also I believe some website "bob is the oil guy" has good info on that I used to use them until I did some research on filters..now I use k&n or other higher quality filters.
Mario928 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 lol i just put in a fram 3x with easy grip, its what was in there and most people use fram around here so idk, but oh well maybe next time that filter is not very good, you can check how they compare them on youtube, also I believe some website "bob is the oil guy" has good info on that I used to use them until I did some research on filters..now I use k&n or other higher quality filters. That is true. Used wix filters. Napa filters are good. But you have to get the higher ones. I dont recommend going to walmart because they use fram filters. I know because i used to work there. I am not sure if all Walmart use fram filters but were i used to work they did. The oil is fine just don't get Pennzoil. Build Under Construction Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514 Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4 Battery = XS D3400 Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger Mids and Highs = Stock Sub= Kicker L7 12" Alternator = 220 Mechman Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill
STEvil Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 Not much difference between the average conventional and average synthetic really. Just change the oil regularly and dont run baked (overheated) oil, no problems. We have a dodge slant 6 powered genset with the equivalent of 1.4 million KM (over 14,000 hours run time) on it at work, just feed it regular Shell 15w40 and parts master filters, away it goes. MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
WadeTustian Posted January 4, 2013 Author Report Posted January 4, 2013 i work at walmart and its fram still, but the penzoil is always on for 10$! 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Pioneer 80-prsB2 Zero.7 2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconedFocal P165-v15Audison voce quattro fully activeOnly gonna get louder 146.1 at 38hz 138.x at 24hzBuild log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/
noe619 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 lol i just put in a fram 3x with easy grip, its what was in there and most people use fram around here so idk, but oh well maybe next time that filter is not very good, you can check how they compare them on youtube, also I believe some website "bob is the oil guy" has good info on that I used to use them until I did some research on filters..now I use k&n or other higher quality filters. That is true. Used wix filters. Napa filters are good. But you have to get the higher ones. I dont recommend going to walmart because they use fram filters. I know because i used to work there. I am not sure if all Walmart use fram filters but were i used to work they did. The oil is fine just don't get Pennzoil. yeah the premium/platinum from napa is good, I've seen some higher end fram and bosch filters at walmart ( like $12 each)not the fram 6x and not the black typical bosch,,the bosch is blue and the fram is like gold .. they seem good, I want to buy them and open them to see how they are inside its the fram ultra and bosch distance plus..those look good and are sold at walmart ( I have not used them or heard anyting about them yet)
STEvil Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 lol i just put in a fram 3x with easy grip, its what was in there and most people use fram around here so idk, but oh well maybe next time that filter is not very good, you can check how they compare them on youtube, also I believe some website "bob is the oil guy" has good info on that I used to use them until I did some research on filters..now I use k&n or other higher quality filters. That is true. Used wix filters. Napa filters are good. But you have to get the higher ones. I dont recommend going to walmart because they use fram filters. I know because i used to work there. I am not sure if all Walmart use fram filters but were i used to work they did. The oil is fine just don't get Pennzoil. I'd rather run Pennzoil than Quakerstate. Put Quakerstate in my old Yukon once (5.7), it smoked horribly.. used some "full synthetic" quakerstate several years later in my GMC 1500 (5.3) and the engine started ticking within 500km.. Never had an issue with Pennzoil though. MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
Mario928 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 lol i just put in a fram 3x with easy grip, its what was in there and most people use fram around here so idk, but oh well maybe next time that filter is not very good, you can check how they compare them on youtube, also I believe some website "bob is the oil guy" has good info on that I used to use them until I did some research on filters..now I use k&n or other higher quality filters. That is true. Used wix filters. Napa filters are good. But you have to get the higher ones. I dont recommend going to walmart because they use fram filters. I know because i used to work there. I am not sure if all Walmart use fram filters but were i used to work they did. The oil is fine just don't get Pennzoil. I'd rather run Pennzoil than Quakerstate. Put Quakerstate in my old Yukon once (5.7), it smoked horribly.. used some "full synthetic" quakerstate several years later in my GMC 1500 (5.3) and the engine started ticking within 500km.. Never had an issue with Pennzoil though. Thats if you buy the bottle inside the store. But we have a pennzoil on a hose that we pour into the engine thats the one i am talking about. That the one i will stay away from. Quaker state is really cheap. Thats why Walmart only charges 26 dollars a oil change with fram filter. Thats the cheapest oil change they have. Build Under Construction Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514 Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4 Battery = XS D3400 Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger Mids and Highs = Stock Sub= Kicker L7 12" Alternator = 220 Mechman Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill
noe619 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 lol i just put in a fram 3x with easy grip, its what was in there and most people use fram around here so idk, but oh well maybe next time that filter is not very good, you can check how they compare them on youtube, also I believe some website "bob is the oil guy" has good info on that I used to use them until I did some research on filters..now I use k&n or other higher quality filters. That is true. Used wix filters. Napa filters are good. But you have to get the higher ones. I dont recommend going to walmart because they use fram filters. I know because i used to work there. I am not sure if all Walmart use fram filters but were i used to work they did. The oil is fine just don't get Pennzoil. I'd rather run Pennzoil than Quakerstate. Put Quakerstate in my old Yukon once (5.7), it smoked horribly.. used some "full synthetic" quakerstate several years later in my GMC 1500 (5.3) and the engine started ticking within 500km.. Never had an issue with Pennzoil though. same here, i have used regular pennzoil and the platinum and they were good, only used quakerstate once and the car had engine problems, probably not caused by the oil, but have not and will not use quakerstate anymore.
Dangrebel Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 Pennzoil and quaker state share the same bottling co and are basically the same. No oil that is new caused anyone's engine problems. It's just blaming the oil for shit parts or shit treatment. 1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.