Second Skin Audio

2 15s in a small hatchback

Jbiddle530

so im gonna start doing a fiberglass molded box for my 88 300zx soon and i was looking for some advice. i have 2 15 inch subs that i wanna use. so heres my question space is not an issue but sub location is. the sub box will be mounted between the front seats and the rear strut towers. i can get about 7 cubes net in that area with a molded enclosure but the subs will have to be mounted on the front of the box. one behind each seat. my question is since the subs are facing forward should i make the box sealed. or should i port it. i really wanna port and tune to 30hz but dont wanna port it foreward.. can i run the 3 aero ports rearwards towards the hatch or will it sound funnny with the subs and the ports facing different directions.. will that effect phasing or time allignment

by the way the subs are boxton acoustics g2 15s have them laying around. and a boston acoutics gt-2200 amp giving the subs about 900 rms to the pair

can you do port up?

you both are looking at the subs he has now no realizing he could upgrade later ;) a lot of fifteens would do great in six cubes but what do i know

thank you lol

just because i have them now and are going to use them now doesn't mean any thing and i had one 12 ported in here on 500 rms and it was pretty loud so im not really too worried about it.. it is a hatch back car with nothing seperating the rear cargo area from the front so its completely open.. getts loud with little power. if its not enough ill upgrade later simple as that but i want something that looks good. and i still wanna keep my trunk space that why im making a fiberglass enclosure.. yeah it will take a lot of time and work but it will be worth it.. and yes i am able to run the ports up back or even forward its just the sub placements that has to be facing forward.

Archived