Second Skin Audio

need to have 2 2010 cvx 12s reconded

ZachG

Ok so I sold 4 kicker cvx 12s to a friend a few months ago & he blew 2 of them... So he wants to recone them so does anybody know where to get some recones or where they can be sent?

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Contact PSI. I'll never go back to anything but PSI. GREAT company

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

I didn't know you could even recone them?

Probably can't lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

you can't, gotta change the basket to a standard 12 spoke then contact psi or any other company with the 2.5" coil or 2.75" coil that they use

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Probably can't lol

You can't PSI will not send the recones they will only do them in house though and the price is not that bad. It's a weird size 2.56" coil. You could ideally build your own with different parts. I know Springfield has the coils and you could ideally get a 12" cone, spider and dustcap for a 2.5" coil then just shave it to get the size right.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

you can't, gotta change the basket to a standard 12 spoke then contact psi or any other company with the 2.5" coil or 2.75" coil that they use

That's not entirely true you can send it in and PSI will do it in house but won't build a recone for it and ship the recone. Or you could piece it together and buy raw parts, Springfield Speaker Parts has the Stock CVX coils for $26 shipped each if I am not mistaken. Then its just a matter of finding everything else for reasonable prices which isn't hard either. Aside from that a simple basket swap and you're set. I would just pay PSI to do it, shipping would be a bitch but atleast it's warrantied. I will say this much they told me the subs would become 800w rms drivers with their parts.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

But if you do that: also know that it will end up being a different sub altogether because of the different soft parts. So I don't think I'd use them with the stock CVXs

Archived