Macbook Superdrive->SSD Swap

OCZ vector series is what i would look at if you were going OCZ.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227916

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

• 2 weeks later...

I had the 128gb Crucial M4 which was phenominal. Tossed it into a laptop and replaced it with a Samsung 830 256gb in the desktop. The Samsung has higher write speeds and just 5 or so mb/s slower read speeds. I noticed the Crucial M4 booted windows up faster as the windows logo ended quicker then with the Samsung. I'd recommend either or, but Crucial since the last time I checked, it was cheaper.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Wait, you bought a Macbook, and installing Win7 on it. Why not buy a laptop that cost less than a macbook, but has the same specs. Just curious

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Wait, you bought a Macbook, and installing Win7 on it. Why not buy a laptop that cost less than a macbook, but has the same specs. Just curious

Media production. Macbooks work better with audio hardware (like my Presonus board), plus it was 2/3 the price of one new ($1400 vs. $2250 new IIRC)

POTATO!

I was looking at getting a data doubler at one point and having 750 HDD for music n shit and 60 SSD for the OS

http://eshop.macsales.com/Search/Search.cfm?Ntk=Primary&Ns=P_Popularity%7c1&Ne=5000&N=7854&Ntt=data+doubler

I was looking at getting a data doubler at one point and having 750 HDD for music n shit and 60 SSD for the OS

http://eshop.macsales.com/Search/Search.cfm?Ntk=Primary&Ns=P_Popularity%7c1&Ne=5000&N=7854&Ntt=data+doubler

That's what I'm going to do, but with 256GB, that way half is for Win7 and my games, and the other half is for OSX and to store my production files temporarily until I'm done with them.

POTATO!

Any idea about the ADATA XPG SX900 drives? $179 for a 256GB SSD, and best reviews on Newegg so far..

Good drives. Same thing internally as the OCZ Vertex 3 and the Mushkin Chronos Deluxe. They'll get the job done.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Any idea about the ADATA XPG SX900 drives? $179 for a 256GB SSD, and best reviews on Newegg so far..

Good drives. Same thing internally as the OCZ Vertex 3 and the Mushkin Chronos Deluxe. They'll get the job done.

But will they last? Price seems good on 256GB, and they have the best rating so far on Newegg...I may give it a go. Wonder if it will help gaming performance at all

POTATO!

Archived