Second Skin Audio

how to wire to 1 ohm!?

BiiiGWaves

the subwoofer function is separate from the mids and highs. if you can, consult the manual. if you cant find the manual, you will more than likely be able to find it on the internet (like pioneers support site)

go through all the different menus in your deck.

edit: you never know, maybe the rca's got pulled out from the back of the headunit. it can happen.

My deck is sitting on my arm rest in my car, the rca's are definately in i am going to check the functions right now tho... I really think it is how i wired it tho. Let me try and explain it a little clearer just to make sure we're on the same page. I have a normal piece of speaker wire, with positive and negative ends. Negative connected to one voice coil(same sub) positive connected to the other voice coil. Both subs are wired the exact same. The negative strand runs directly to the negative side of the terminal cup and the positive running to the positive. Then I run normal positive and negative speaker wire from both terminal cups to the amp.. Any problems there??

i'm terrible at reading peoples descriptions. as long as all the +'s are together and all the -'s are together, that is fine.

Haha ok, so no jumpers or anything are necessary?

Wire the 2 positives on one sub together and the the 2 negatives. Then run the positive from one coil to the terminal cup and the negative from the other coil to the terminal cup. Do the same for the other sub. Your amp bridges inside of it.

1998 Expedition

2 ReAudio Se-X 15

1 Hifonics 1700.1D

Wire the 2 positives on one sub together and the the 2 negatives. Then run the positive from one coil to the terminal cup and the negative from the other coil to the terminal cup. Do the same for the other sub. Your amp bridges inside of it.

So basically one coil will have 4 wires connected to it? And do the exact same thing to both subs?

So basically one coil will have 4 wires connected to it? And do the exact same thing to both subs?

Sorry I meant 3

try each coil by itself

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

This thread gives me a headache. You clearly aren't following the instructions properly. You have 4 coils total(2 per sub). you take ONE positive from one side and ONE positive from the other side and run them to the terminal cup together. You take ONE negative from one side of the sub and the other negative from the other side of the sub and take that to the NEGATIVE on the other terminal cup. From the terminal cup, run the positive to the positive output on the amp, run the negative from terminal cup to the negative output on the amp. You repeat the process with the other sub EXACTLY. If still no sound, you have a setting wrong on your deck, a badset of RCAs, a bad amp, 2 bad subs(highly unlikely) or a dozen other potential problems. Take a picture or 10 pictures, put them on an image hosting website like Photobucket and copy the IMG link and post in a text box in this topic to show us what you have going on. Last resort, don't touch ANY of this yourself, find someone that absolutely knows what they are doing and have them help you.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

maybe like this ....just remember parallel downgrade ohms and series increase ohms for example your subs r dual 4ohms if do parallel + with + and - with - of each sub together thats gonna give you 1ohm load but if you use serie on dual 4ohms you use #1 coil + with #1 coil + of the other sub together and #1 coil - with #1 coil - of the other sub together that leave you with #2 coils on each woofer that you r gonna hook up #2 coil on each sub + with - together thats gonna give you 4 ohms

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

This thread gives me a headache. You clearly aren't following the instructions properly. You have 4 coils total(2 per sub). you take ONE positive from one side and ONE positive from the other side and run them to the terminal cup together. You take ONE negative from one side of the sub and the other negative from the other side of the sub and take that to the NEGATIVE on the other terminal cup. From the terminal cup, run the positive to the positive output on the amp, run the negative from terminal cup to the negative output on the amp. You repeat the process with the other sub EXACTLY. If still no sound, you have a setting wrong on your deck, a badset of RCAs, a bad amp, 2 bad subs(highly unlikely) or a dozen other potential problems. Take a picture or 10 pictures, put them on an image hosting website like Photobucket and copy the IMG link and post in a text box in this topic to show us what you have going on. Last resort, don't touch ANY of this yourself, find someone that absolutely knows what they are doing and have them help you.

I've done that.. I don't think it's a wiring problem anymore. I grabbed my old sub and hooked it up to the amp.. Nothing.. When i connected the wire to the sub it made that little crackle noise you hear when a sub connects, but that was it. I have two amps, 4 gauge running from the battery and then there is a splitter that divides into two 8 gauge outputs, and that's is how my amps are getting power. My 1000 watt 4 channel amp is working fine but the brutus 1200 watt rms amp is turning on but i get no music out of it. Do you think this is just a power problem? I have taken all the wires out, and put them back together as perfect as possible, I swapped rca's, I tried new speaker wire, idk what else to do...

Archived