Alternator Bolt Extender?

Just seems like there should a very simple answer to this. You'd think someone else would have this problem and a simple little add on would be made. Oh we'll. :shrug:

Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400

XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter

Mechman 240a alt

Usually when I run into issues such as this one I just fabricate something or think of another solution, there are so many little bumps like this with any install.

EDIT: Next time I send someone on a fool's errand instead of requesting a left-handed screwdriver, I'm asking for an alternator bolt extender.

I'm gonna hate

The simplest thing i can think of is this:

Take the terminal off the factory charging wire, get a larger terminal like 1/0 or even 2/0 soldier both the 1/0 for the big 3 and the stock power wire together in the same lug. should solve the issue. Obviously just make sure you crimp it real good, make it very solid. It might not be ideal but something along those lines would easiest.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

you could screw down an aluminum plate that then has mounting points for more connections... you'd have to get someone to fabricate that though... like toolmaker or something like that

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

you could screw down an aluminum plate that then has mounting points for more connections... you'd have to get someone to fabricate that though... like toolmaker or something like that

That's what I was trying to describe but failed at it lol.

Mechman 240a alt

EDIT: Next time I send someone on a fool's errand instead of requesting a left-handed screwdriver, I'm asking for an alternator bolt extender.

Double post

Mechman 240a alt

Lol. Tell em' to buy a few and send me one when they find it lolol

Mechman 240a alt

Does it clamp down on the plastic ring or is there a piece of metal under it? You might be able to grind down the ring a bit to expose more threads

You could also take a chunk of aluminum as thick as you can fit, drill 2 holes in it - one for the stock bolt, then put another bold through the other hole and just attach all your wires to your own bolt

Archived