Sundown Audio

2013 Hifonics BRZ Line

iwannabeloud

yeah but what are they wired at? .5 or below, why rate an amp at 1 ohm that only does rated power when wired below 1 ohm?

then why rate any amplifier at any ohm load? your statement is invalid man.

not trying to stir up argument, i'm sure you will find a way to make me sound like a complete dumbass if I say something out of line haha, i'm a young kid and you probably know much more technical terms when it comes to amplification and such than i do but if my statement is invalid then how are anybody elses statements regarding amps not doing rated power valid? I just don't understand why rate an amp at 1 ohm when you truly know it will only do rated power when wired below 1 ohm nominal? then when someone blows an amp trying to get rated power by wiring below 1 ohm their warranty is now void.

im only 20 lol. im very ignorant when it comes to a lot of topics.

i totally understand what you're getting at, trust me. i'd give you a clear answer if i could.

when you're wired to .5 and not playing music, your amp is seeing .5

personally, whenever i see clamp numbers at X ohms and X watts, i usually ballpark them for regular ohm loads (1, 2, what have you). if an amp is rated for 2k at 1 ohm and it did like 1500 at 1.7, i would be inclined to believe that it really does 2000 at 1 ohm.

haha i'm glad we're at an understanding of where we both stand, i'm 17, feel like such a youngster compared to others on this site.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Sundown saz1500 is a 2000watt amp just labeled as 1500.

exactly my point

the saz1500 is a 2000 watt amp.. the brutus a 1500 why market it at 2400 watts?

still if the amp works for anyone good for them and hope the next one they get is even better.. i just dont like being lied to when im buying

I hear a lot of "more stores carry Hifonics" and I can afford it. Problem is once people get Hifonics then join the forum and the find out they could have gotten more power for the dollar with something like an SA.

exactly my point

still if the amp works for anyone good for them and hope the next one they get is even better.. i just dont like being lied to when im buying

Maybe because it will do 2400 watts at 14 volts?

exactly my point

it's a marketing strategy I guess, i'm pretty sure the hfi100.4, zxi80.4, and zrx1000.4 are all the same exact board and yet one is rated at 800rms, one is rated at 640rms, and the other is rated at 1000rms, I will agree I find that kinda stupid but if that's the way they make their money then so be it, doesn't mean their products are shit like so many people make them out to be, yes better can be had, you just gotta be willing to pay for it I guess.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived