Second Skin Audio

8" sub, ported or bandpass box?

hayden55

What are your opinion on these two types of boxes? Which one would be the better of the two? pros and cons of each? I like the idea of a bandpass

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

typically if designed right bandpasses will have the most flat response and can be the loudest, but on the other hand can be very hard to design and usually take trial and error and alot of testing to make it right and are very large.

ported box's are alot easier to design and smaller than a bandpass and can get very loud and have just as low as a response as a bandpass, but are not as loud and they dont have the flat response of a bandpass

but alll in all its what your after in a box. do you want to build it and leave it and enjoy, or do you want to build it test it and possibly rebuild and test to get it right but for a better outcome. also it comes to how much space do you want to lose and also the parameters of your car. b

but this is what i know on them other might chime in with much greater knowledge than me to help you its just my $0.02

Good lord sweet baby Jesus. Did you read the thread at all?

Bagged 1993 nissan hardbody

so would the magnet be in the sealed chamber or in the ported area? or does it really matter? honestly an sa-8 is pretty loud by itself without the bandpass but i think it would be cool to design one. plus if it doesnt sound right i could always design large and use polyfill and foam blocks to tune it

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

It doesn't matter which side magnet is on. As long as you account for it in your calcs

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

If probably mount it so the magnet is in the ported side just so you'd be able to smell the coil burning if anything goes wrong.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

"If probably mount it so the magnet is in the ported side just so you'd be able to smell the coil burning if anything goes wrong."

haha yeah that is definitely true. What frequencies do the normal bandpass boxes with 8" subwoofers excel at? What about a ported box?

I have a Sudown Audio SA-8v2 that is in the mail, just needs to hurry up and get shipped to my door. Its only been a week but i am about to die.

i am going to be running one sa-8v2 and a hifonics hfi1000. dual 4 ohm voice coil sub, wired at 750w rms so i dont think i will have any problems getting loud.

I just play normal hip hop/rap, screamo, and rock like three days grace, parkway drive, lil wayne, 2 chainz etc. So which design will be better for these types of music.

car setup right now: 2011 mustang v6 premium: 4 rockford fosgate 6x8's, two stock 8" door woofers.

Archived