For the Corvette Enthusiast

kandiman71874

Now here is what will really screw with your heads, Current rumor due to stress on GM from the EPA about NOX gasses is that the 2016 Vette will be powered by a 3.6L twin Turbo V6

LOLWAT. so the new new corvette will have the same fucking motor of that from a taurus sho or f-150? im sorry, but that is absolutely retarded

Thats like saying its dumb for nissan to use its twin turbo v6 in its gtr. Why bash it if it has potential and can deliver respectable power while getting a better epa rating. You're just kinda of stubborn to try something new to the industry but you're not the only one. Lots of people will bash a v6 in a vette but do you think they would really tell the difference while driving it if they weren't told?

Obviously there are tell tale signs of a blown car vs naturally aspirated but you get what im saying. I just dont like people bashing on a new technology that they haven't had any ezperience with based on old assumptions which would be that blown v6s cant put done power like a nonblown v8 can.

i understand what you're saying and i will agree with you. but do you have any idea how much a replacement motor costs for a gtr? roughly 30 grand. and you HAVE to purchase a new transmission as well, because they are mated together from factory and will not come apart (obviously you can, but you know what i mean).

Now here is what will really screw with your heads, Current rumor due to stress on GM from the EPA about NOX gasses is that the 2016 Vette will be powered by a 3.6L twin Turbo V6

Wouldn't be a total loss unless it still has pushrods by then LMAO

Nothing wrong with pushrods, there's a reason they're still around in performance engines.

As to the v-6, i'd rather have an inline 6.. and i'm not actually against a diesel option as long as its done right :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Nothing wrong with pushrods, there's a reason they're still around in performance engines.

As to the v-6, i'd rather have an inline 6.. and i'm not actually against a diesel option as long as its done right :)

Since the duramax is the current diesel engine they use which is actually an isuzu product, I can imagine there would be a shitload of Chevy guys walking away from the company if the vette became a rice powered low sulfur vehicle lol

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Since the duramax is the current diesel engine they use which is actually an isuzu product, I can imagine there would be a shitload of Chevy guys walking away from the company if the vette became a rice powered low sulfur vehicle lol

Might want to update your info, GM co-developed the Duramax with Isuzu... and its a pushrod motor btw :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Might want to update your info, GM co-developed the Duramax with Isuzu... and its a pushrod motor btw :)

Co-developed or not, it still has Isuzu stickers all over the damn thing lol

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

FUck that i love the sound of a deep v8 sound poor cars :(

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

The results are still very impressive- 0-60 in less than 4 seconds?!? That blows my mind with just 6.2 liters and 450 hp & ft-lbs.

All that being said... I don't like it. IMO it is too busy- has too much going on. Give me a '71 Stingray over the new one any day.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

i call bullshit they need to make a twin turbo 3.8l v6 then they might have me with the v6

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived