Second Skin Audio

Input on port area

Spencer Good

Everything back would be better and id you can find a way to do it properly then I would try that before subs up, but when a box is really big and does not allow for very good airflow, then results are usually only fair, i most trunk cars,12s two or three firing forward and sealed off will probably won't be beaten by any other configuration except walling off.

Everything back would be better and id you can find a way to do it properly then I would try that before subs up, but when a box is really big and does not allow for very good airflow, then results are usually only fair, i most trunk cars,12s two or three firing forward and sealed off will probably won't be beaten by any other configuration except walling off.

I am considering a trunk wall, but my opening is not large enough to accommodate for 4 10's and a port forward

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg

The type R recommended specs don't sound as good to me. I built a box for my type R 12's exactly to factory specs, and then again based on some recommendations and the new box is way more efficient and sounds much better. Factory suggested 1.5 ft tuned to 33 hz with around 10 inches of port per foot. When i moved to 2.25 ft per woofer tuned to 32 hz with about 14 inches per foot of port area, it made 2 12's louder than the 3 i could fit before. So in summation: they like bigger boxes with a little more port area than the factory suggests anyway so I think your design is good.

yeah 1.5 seems a little small for a 12. but these are 10s. if space is limited, around 1 cube should be fine.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

The type R recommended specs don't sound as good to me. I built a box for my type R 12's exactly to factory specs, and then again based on some recommendations and the new box is way more efficient and sounds much better. Factory suggested 1.5 ft tuned to 33 hz with around 10 inches of port per foot. When i moved to 2.25 ft per woofer tuned to 32 hz with about 14 inches per foot of port area, it made 2 12's louder than the 3 i could fit before. So in summation: they like bigger boxes with a little more port area than the factory suggests anyway so I think your design is good.

yeah 1.5 seems a little small for a 12. but these are 10s. if space is limited, around 1 cube should be fine.

Stealth you gotta keep in mind also that i'm overpowering them all just a tad, haha. I dropped it down a bit to make up for it.

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg

Can his port ratio of 1:13 become a bad thing?

I've seen people mention that a very narrow port is going to act differently.

I'm wondering at which point this happends, and what the actual effects are.

Archived