Jump to content

Hypothetical question for the electrical gurus ???


Recommended Posts

Posted

IF somebody was able to generate enough "direct current" in a vehicle, to power a bunch of concert amps, would their be any advantages of these amps, over AC (car audio) amplifiers ???

For anybody who has played with both high end AC and DC systems, what do you you think are the strengths and weaknesses of each ?

Just stuff I've wondered for a long time.

Thanks,

Fish

PS, I'm thinking I want SM's shop system in my Hyundai ;) ......jk

Posted

Well, this one is pretty bad a$$..... into lower impedances. http://www.crownaudio.com/media/pdf/legacy/k10684.pdf

But I have a really hard time trying to relate wattages, straight across from car audio (ac stuff) to concert audio (dc stuff).

I mean, it would seem odd to me that car audio equipment is SO much more powerful, than equipment made to fill super stadiums with loud sound ???

Hmmm,

Fish

Posted

When it it gets to stadiums and big halls they have like 30 just for the back and like 50+ for the front

now do the math

My friend has some of those amps but the smaller one I think their the 2000 watts and they're always comparing them to their old peaveys they had cquse they mis them

Posted

I hear you.

So I guess the big thing might be "space". I started thinking about SM's shop system, and I guess it would take up a BUNCH of space, for him to have 2 1/2 stacks of amps, as big as the stack he has in his shop, to make the same 30Kwts he has in the Ho.....

Hmmm.

I guess all of this stuff ^ is probably not feasible, even in a big show vehicle.....

But I still say, a "single generator" which can put out 2000-3000 amps cont. is TOTALLY doable, especially in a vehicle with a big, strong deisel motor......

Fish

Posted

Uh, car audio runs on Direct current system and home audio runs on an AC system. The alternator is an AC current generator, but it gets converted into DC by the time it leaves the alternator.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks
Posted

The DJ amps would be less efficient, since to turn the AC(alternating current) into something usable to the amp, it first has to be turned into DC power. If you were to put one in your car, you would be converting DC, into AC, back into DC. Vs in a car amp, the power going in is already DC

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 378 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...