New company Ampere Audio 3500.1 guts

Steve Barber

Board revisions and unique are 2 different things. Anyone who believes what the overseas SALESMAN is telling "is yours only" is a fool ;)

I say good luck to the new guy. Sell your amps cheaper then the other guy and undersell them every way you can. It's the american way. Lets all hope there is no QC issues so it doesn't cut into those low profit margins you set for yourself. lets also hope the "off the shelf" heatsink you picked is not only better looking then the other guys, but also of the correct mass and / or better then the other guys, so it's performs better.

Just remember, in a couple months, another "designer" will email off to one of these companies to start their car audio ownership dream. All it takes is an email and some money to get that MOQ started ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

They could care less in China/Korea about patents

Can get anything made really

No doubt. Try fighting a patent claim with the chinese judiciary system.

Long story short, you're shit out of luck.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Yea, but you need to say it in Chinese accent ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

That is true as long as the product doesnt land on american soil where the patent is valid. If it does and it is discovered that a patented product produced over seas has come here with a different name than the patent holder and is identical to what the patent is held on, its game on for the patent holder.

Many a lawsuit has held up in court over this crap and the sad thing is, the over seas manufacturer is not held responsible. The company that had the product made to sell with their name is all because the company that manufactured the product could care less about a patent filed in the american judiciary system..

Most car audio companies will not try and patent a product as thier own due to the huge cost it takes to do so. The only ones that will are the ones that actually engineer thier own product and invest big dollars in its creation and its all to protect their investment.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

That is true as long as the product doesnt land on american soil where the patent is valid. If it does and it is discovered that a patented product produced over seas has come here with a different name than the patent holder and is identical to what the patent is held on, its game on for the patent holder.

Many a lawsuit has held up in court over this crap and the sad thing is, the over seas manufacturer is not held responsible. The company that had the product made to sell with their name is all because the company that manufactured the product could care less about a patent filed in the american judiciary system..

Most car audio companies will not try and patent a product as thier own due to the huge cost it takes to do so. The only ones that will are the ones that actually engineer thier own product and invest big dollars in its creation and its all to protect their investment.

Of course they have. It explains the gross over charging of their product right? It's expensive to have an engineer and a lawyer on staff ;) Cut out those 2 guys, and you kan sell amp fer half!

OK, so people were asking Jacob a while back on another forum "Since so many companies use the same boards with different stickers, what makes Sundown so great and unique?" To which he replied: "We have unique board designs in all of our amplifiers, no other company uses our designs legally however there are a few illegitimate exact copies of our products floating around."

His designs may be unique from a legal standpoint as in he either helped and/or paid for the engineering design for his amps or he has licensed it from someone else. Ultimately if they are his unique designs then anyone else will need to legally get permission from his company to use those unique designs. This could be done through written and licensing contracts from him or royalties, etc.. If a person simply just uses his design without any kind of permission then he could take legal action against the person or company. He has to weigh the options though, is it a company or person in the US and is it really worth his time, effort, and ultimately financial gain to do so. If its an individual or small company then there is really no money to get from them and a simple cease and desist letter may be all that is needed. If the company is foreign then it would take a ton of effort and money to make them stop using his designs. Its a very sticky situation and gets very complicated from a legal standpoint.

I'm not getting into the how or why.

Ok sorry. Were you asking what makes his designs unique?

No I only witnessed the conversation, someone had asked and a few others had the same thing on their minds. To ease their concerns that is what Jacob had to say. It's not word-for-word but it's accurate enough for the purpose of telling the story.

I'm gonna hate

Of course they have. It explains the gross over charging of their product right? It's expensive to have an engineer and a lawyer on staff ;) Cut out those 2 guys, and you kan sell amp fer half!

Yep, yep, yep. That is why most companies selling garbage today only have salesmen working for them. Companies like MTX and JL, call and see if they know anything about their products beyond selling points. This is why I still have a shred of respect for Rockford.

I'm gonna hate

I have much more respect for companies like MTX, JL then I will ever for a catalog built company ;)

Archived