Using a External Hard Drive for stereo

Beanz

SO i have a pionner avh-x4500bt and i was wondering if i could use a External Hard drive to use it for all my music and videos or would i have to do some converting or am i just plain stupid?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Fat32???sorry not too big on the computer thing lol well on doing that all i would do is just add music and vids and play away

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

With the price of USB memory sticks being so cheap your better off having a few of them and they will load a lot faster then a external hard drive.

$15.88 for 16gb

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-Cruzer-16GB-USB-Flash-Drive/20593524

With the price of USB memory sticks being so cheap your better off having a few of them and they will load a lot faster then a external hard drive.

$15.88 for 16gb

http://www.walmart.c...-Drive/20593524

Yeah i wanted to go that route but i would proably lose them or they would get misplaced since how small these things are getting .. i was looking at a 64 but with all my music and videos i would be way over a 64

From what I have heard the high capacity memory stick read slower then the smaller ones.

Think of it this way.. one memory stick for Demos, one for Sound quality, etc..etc...

try not to lose them. leave them in the car :)

My 32Gb took forever to load . I only use prob 2-3Gb now and it loads pretty quick once you turn radio on or select to USB / Ipod

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

All depends on the headunit. Ive had a avh3200 that would only read 20 gigs and a 80prs that I hooked a 1tb drivecwith 500 gigs and it read it all in 30ish secs

Team B2

2008 scion xb bagged on 18's plastidipped matte black

4 18" b2 xc's pushed by 4 b2 m1s at .5 each

8 b2 hn6's and 2 b2 hntt's powered by 2 b2 quattros.

157.7 sealed so far.

You could always buy some USB drives with lanyards and hang them on your rearview mirror ot something but having an external hard drive would be pretty cool.

http://shop.mobileweb.ebay.com/searchresults?cmd=SREF&kw=usb+flash+drive+lanyard

2010 Kia Forte Koup (Slow Build)
2 Sundown SCV-3000D

2 DC XL M1 with PSI recones
Focal R-165s2 on Orion 4800-HP
Kenwood KDC-X798
Knukonceptz OFC 1/0
Audiotechnix,Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener

XS power D3400 up front 3 D3100s power in trunk
Stock 110 amp alt

2013 Scion TC

2 Dc lvl 3s with xl coils on Soundqubed 2200

Sundown components

AA 50.2 for components

Pioneer FH-X700BT

Knukonceptz OFC 1/0

Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener

XS Power D3100 up front D925 in back

Mechman 240 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189911-2013-scion-tc-build/ <Scion TC Build
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174094-jskiles-forte-koup/ <Slow Kia Forte Build
http://www.stevemead...ockUserAgent__1 < Old build 2005 Equinox

Yeah well this stereo i have about 8Gb or stuff on it and it reads it all quick and gets to the songs stupid quick so i mean im sure if i get like a 200gb hard drive it should fix all what i need...Rater than getting a Ipod that when i run outta memeory i have to get a newer one or get rid of the songs

Archived