where to set the crossover point for tweeters?

Dylan_Grant

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

It depends on what tweeters you use but most are over 2500hz. Some large format tweeters and ribbons play lower and compression drivers like the ones in my horns play down to 800hz. I use the mbquart amps for my frontstage. They have 24 db slopes.

the spec sheet said frequency response (-10 dB) is 800- 45 kHz but they are not horns

ill probably just use the crossover and get a processor

You could use one of these

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=266-472

ive used those^^^ they work very well

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

So what are you going to do ... Just run your amps in "bypass" or "Full range" mode ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

So what are you going to do ... Just run your amps in "bypass" or "Full range" mode ???

yes ill use the crossover the set came with i read good thing about it.

that 5khz part kind of defeats the purpose of running active doesn't it, because the crossover point is still fixed? or am i not understanding this, Im new to the stuff so im sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived