What alternator should i add to my install???

for one you dont seem to have the knowledge of how it all goes together. if you dont know the difference between a stepdown and an isolator this is not an option for you. stick to 12volt batts.

Another reason is because you do need to top off your batts every so often. Most say once a week. Well you get that 14 volt battery and you now need a 14 volt charger.

you need 1/0 grounds to complete your big three. read the whole big three thread you'll see its talked about in length.

your draw is not that big. regardless of how power hungry that 1000 is it cant be that bad. youve got 1400 watts. figure 200 amps current draw. Thats really nothign. finish your big three add a second battery and a new alt and youre set. dont over complicate it by adding batteries of differint resting voltages.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

X2^^^

Not recharging it will crush it quick.....

Not cool for a very high dollar battery.....

EDIT- if i was you, with the gear you have, id big 3 it, add another battery and call it done.

Your really not pulling a lot.

2006 Silverado Crew-Cab

Kenwood DNX-8120 - Head unit

4 x JL Audio 8w3's - Subs

Focal K2 Power - 165 v2 - Front - mids/highs

Focal Polyglass - 165 V2 - Rear - mids/highs

JL Audio Slash 1000 v2 - Subs

Alpine 400x4 - mids/highs

BIG 3, Dynomat throughout

X2^^^

Not recharging it will crush it quick.....

Not cool for a very high dollar battery.....

EDIT- if i was you, with the gear you have, id big 3 it, add another battery and call it done.

Your really not pulling a lot.

for one you dont seem to have the knowledge of how it all goes together. if you dont know the difference between a stepdown and an isolator this is not an option for you. stick to 12volt batts.

Another reason is because you do need to top off your batts every so often. Most say once a week. Well you get that 14 volt battery and you now need a 14 volt charger.

you need 1/0 grounds to complete your big three. read the whole big three thread you'll see its talked about in length.

your draw is not that big. regardless of how power hungry that 1000 is it cant be that bad. youve got 1400 watts. figure 200 amps current draw. Thats really nothign. finish your big three add a second battery and a new alt and youre set. dont over complicate it by adding batteries of differint resting voltages.

Sorry took a min to respond. I was watching the vid post. and i have all of this completed on my truck. thats why i was going to add another batt. and either add a 2 or a diff alternator. b/c im still getting a large voltage drop. the big 3 wasnt enough.

2006 Silverado Crew-Cab

Add another battery first, you may not need a h/o alternator

Ill def give the 2nd batt. a go, it couldnt hurt to try, right (lol). Might even save me 3-400buxs (on alternator) if 2nd 12v batt. is enough power. Thank you'll for your paitence and help, it is greatly appricate it, and never overlooked!

I will give the 2nd 12v batt. install a go tom. and report back and let youll know how it goes.

Once Again, Thanks a millinon!!

2006 Silverado Crew-Cab

Archived