Had to buy some more rubbers today

You didnt hit some stuff with the rear of your car did you?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

The weight could be the cause of the camber. More weight, the lower the rear rides, the more angle put on the struts and tires. Have you noticed the rear tires sitting at an off angle slightly?

No never at an angle at all, weird shit, seems like it really starts once the inner starts wearing down, highway driving, it gets louder wonder if the wheels are doing something like this \------/ at high speeds

XS-power1.jpg

Is the rear a single swing arm and strut on each side? If so thats why you are getting the weird wear, the swing arm angles the tire as it travels through its range of motion, so if you have the rear of the car "squatted" down with weight a lot of the time it will be sitting on the inner edge of the tire more than the middle or outer edge. Possibly worn bushings on the swing arm could make the issue worse as well and neither shows up well on an alignment test.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Is the rear a single swing arm and strut on each side? If so thats why you are getting the weird wear, the swing arm angles the tire as it travels through its range of motion, so if you have the rear of the car "squatted" down with weight a lot of the time it will be sitting on the inner edge of the tire more than the middle or outer edge. Possibly worn bushings on the swing arm could make the issue worse as well and neither shows up well on an alignment test.

its struts on both sides, and really is not squatted on the back at all

its got me stumped, ive ran over sized rims for about 13 years, and ive had this issue on this car for a while.

The car did get rear ended, and thats when I noticed it started to do it, the insurance company would not cover it because they said there was no way the rear end colision could cause it, and even the Ford dealership claimed that there was no way how the car was rear ended could cause the tires to wear like that,

SO I paid out of pocket to have it aligned, and still same problem.

and I have always had a heavy system in the trunk every since i got the car.

here is how it sits with the barrel in the trunk. Its really not squatting in the back that I can tell.

20120615154933.jpg

XS-power1.jpg

Archived