Sundown Audio

~1000W amp with 1/0 Gauge Terminals

bassfreake

Do they even exist and if so who makes them?

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

I've have yet to see a 1k amp with 1/0 terminals, 1500's I seen with them though.

You can always get reducers if you really want to use 1/0 on a 1k amp though.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

That would be way over killer. Their really isnt a need for 1/0 for a 1000 watt amp.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I just shave some threads off & electrical tape the shit out of it to prevent the power & ground from touching.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

well I'm just asking because I already have 1/0 gauge running through cuz right now I've got 2k back in my trunk but it's in a sealed box and I was thinking about changing to 1 15 in a ported box instead of the 2 in sealed box I have right now but that would mean I would have to go from 2k to 1k and I would rather not have to run another power line if I can help it just cuz I'm kinda lazy lol... I do have a pair of 1/0 to 4 reducers though so I guess if I had to I could just stick those on it and still use my 1/0 or I could just go ahead and stick with my 2k lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

well I'm just asking because I already have 1/0 gauge running through cuz right now I've got 2k back in my trunk but it's in a sealed box and I was thinking about changing to 1 15 in a ported box instead of the 2 in sealed box I have right now but that would mean I would have to go from 2k to 1k and I would rather not have to run another power line if I can help it just cuz I'm kinda lazy lol... I do have a pair of 1/0 to 4 reducers though so I guess if I had to I could just stick those on it and still use my 1/0 or I could just go ahead and stick with my 2k lol

There's nothing wrong with overkill when it comes to wiring, why do you think people use dual inputs

Why not get a 15 that can handle 2k?

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

There's nothing wrong with overkill when it comes to wiring, why do you think people use dual inputs

because that would involve actually getting a new sub... part of the reason I was looking at going down to 1 sub was to spend less money on an amp cuz I need a new amp and 1k amps are cheaper than 2k amps lol

My Build Log

because that would involve actually getting a new sub... part of the reason I was looking at going down to 1 sub was to spend less money on an amp cuz I need a new amp and 1k amps are cheaper than 2k amps lol

Understandable

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived