Max1636 Posted January 25, 2013 Report Posted January 25, 2013 Several months ago I bought a Digital Designs M4a amplifier from eBay. I agreed to pickup the amplifier from the guys house but later decided to insted have him ship it as it was easier. Unfortunately according to him Australia Post broke it and it was not insured (yes I know it should have been) I've never received any evidence of the broken amplifier or the amp even existing at all. But I've always believed this guy was legit since I was going to pick it up from him in person. The amplifier was $1000, he paid back $550 and told me he would have the rest that week. That was maybe 2 months ago. He claims his work shuts down over Christmas and did not have any money. I understood as my work does the same. But now after sending 2 text messages I'm no longer getting any response from him where he would usually respond straight away. Being under the assumption that he has no intention of paying the rest back what can I do? I have his bank account details, home address and phone number. Is that enough to give to Police to have them knock at his door and give him a warning or something? It's been too long and I'm getting more an more suspicious. It's also important to note the purchase did not officially go through eBay (I know I'm an idiot but I figured again, I spoke to the guy, he's legit) I cannot use eBay buyer protection securities etc. (Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L: Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU 3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt 2012 Subaru BRZ: Audison Prima APK 163 Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub
pa-pa-platypus Posted January 25, 2013 Report Posted January 25, 2013 ride your kangaroo to his house and knock down the door This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned 151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz 153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz power: dd m4
Max1636 Posted January 25, 2013 Author Report Posted January 25, 2013 ride your kangaroo to his house and knock down the door brb (Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L: Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU 3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt 2012 Subaru BRZ: Audison Prima APK 163 Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub
Ballen194 Posted January 25, 2013 Report Posted January 25, 2013 Did you use paypal? 98 Isuzu Rodeo Pioneer Deh-6300ub SUBS*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order AMP Banda 3500 Mids/Highs Pioneer EQ Clarion EQS746 ETC. Two 1/0 run's KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3 Shuriken BT-100 under the hood Shuriken BT-120 in the back
Max1636 Posted January 25, 2013 Author Report Posted January 25, 2013 Did you use paypal? Bank Deposit unfortunately (Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L: Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU 3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt 2012 Subaru BRZ: Audison Prima APK 163 Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub
will77530 Posted January 25, 2013 Report Posted January 25, 2013 make sure the other guy doesnt have a boxing kangaroo or things could get sketchy...mate
Max1636 Posted January 25, 2013 Author Report Posted January 25, 2013 Come on guys really I'm in a difficult situation here. (Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L: Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU 3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt 2012 Subaru BRZ: Audison Prima APK 163 Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub
SoundFreakk Posted January 25, 2013 Report Posted January 25, 2013 I had this problem ones when I bought a ps3 from some guy. He said it was sended but never got it and never got any response out of him. Called the bank to see if they could do something. But they aren´t allowed to. Then there´s the police but they won´t really help you out. So best thing to do is Go to his fucking ass and demand your money back!!! Ascendant Audio/Rockford Fosgate Car Audio in House Build
zack_e89 Posted January 25, 2013 Report Posted January 25, 2013 I guess all you can do is talk to the police...maybe a lawyer first 97 Suburban 8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's
SoundFreakk Posted January 25, 2013 Report Posted January 25, 2013 lawyer? I think you're going to lose money on that one dude lol. but for real police will just say yeah you made a deal with the guy we can't track how it really went. Ofcourse you can show the evidence. But than the question remaince of they actually are allowed to do something about it. Ascendant Audio/Rockford Fosgate Car Audio in House Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.